Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 05 R6 won't start, the only thing I've done was change the blue LED sidelights before the MOT,I've since put them back in.
When I turn the key the fuel pump doesn't start but the engine turns over, there are no fault lights on the dash except the Temp reading always says Hi.
I've had a Motorcycle Auto Elec work on it for about 3 hours but got no where. He bypassed the ECU and the fuel pump starts so thats OK,he tested the Tilt Switch which was OK.
My alarn is a Meta357T V2 which the Auto Elec says is OK, the bike will turn over but if left for 30 secs the Immobiliser beeps and kicks in so the bike won't turn over then which leads me to thinkin thats OK.
The bike was runnin great, I left it in the garage for 5 days on the Optimiser,changed the sidelights before the MOT and it wouldn't start!
Yamaha main dealer want £60 a hour and said they will just use a process of illimination same as the Auto Elec and wouldn't put a time scale/price on Diagnostic
A bike shop has told me to try a Multi-Function Relay,so I've ordered one of them at £25,so should have that Tuesday,If not that I'll sell it on Ebay,they retail at the dealer £45.
Now the Immobiliser bit I've only just noticed !
The Manual Says -
IMMOBILISER INDICATOR LIGHT
The electrical circuit of the indicator light can be checked by turning the key to "ON"
If the indicator light does not come on for a few seconds, then go off,have a Yamaha dealer check the electrical circuit.
When the key is turned to "OFF" and 30 seconds have passed, the indicator light will start flashing indicating the immobiliser system is enabled. After 24 hours have passed, the indicator light will stop flashing, however the immobiliser system is still enabled.
NOTE
This model is also equipped with a self diagnosis device for the immobiliser system. If the immobiliser system is defective, the indicator will start flashing and the multi-function meter will display an error code when the key is turned to "ON".
When I turn my key to "ON" the indicator light doesn't come on at all.
When i turn my key to "OFF" and 30 seconds have passed the indicator light doesn't flash! But I'm not gettin no fault codes on the LCD.
Any Help Greatly Appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bike fixed!! I took it to the main dealer in the end, it turned out to be a broken wire going to the Yamaha immobiliser. 2 hours labour £120. Wish I would of took it the dealer straight away now!
I'm not sure where the wire is or how it got broken, the mechanic wasn't there when I picked the bike up so couldn't ask him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts