Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that r6forum.com goes to a competitor. I just want to make sure everyone is clear that

r6-forum.com

and

r6forum.com

are two different sites. Ran by two different people. With two different sets of ethics. I have been copied by this other site on numerous occasion. I do not like people that are out to do things like this. I will be taking action to get the name.

Here are the stats on r6-forum.com

Created on 2002-02-05
Updated on 2003-12-09
Expires on 2006-02-05

here are the status on r6forum.com

Created on: 20-May-03
Expires on: 20-May-04
Last Updated on: 30-Jul-03

:cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the statement that must be agreed to when registering a domain name:

b. Evidence of Registration and Use in Bad Faith. For the purposes of Paragraph 4(a)(iii), the following circumstances, in particular but without limitation, if found by the Panel to be present, shall be evidence of the registration and use of a domain name in bad faith:

(i) circumstances indicating that you have registered or you have acquired the domain name primarily for the purpose of selling, renting, or otherwise transferring the domain name registration to the complainant who is the owner of the trademark or service mark or to a competitor of that complainant, for valuable consideration in excess of your documented out-of-pocket costs directly related to the domain name; or
(ii) you have registered the domain name in order to prevent the owner of the trademark or service mark from reflecting the mark in a corresponding domain name, provided that you have engaged in a pattern of such conduct; or

(iii) you have registered the domain name primarily for the purpose of disrupting the business of a competitor; or

(iv) by using the domain name, you have intentionally attempted to attract, for commercial gain, Internet users to your web site or other on-line location, by creating a likelihood of confusion with the complainant's mark as to the source, sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of your web site or location or of a product or service on your web site or location.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
they are using a common mis-spelling of our forum name to funnel traffic to their site. much like www.micro-soft.com could be used to syphon traffic away from microsoft by people unaware of how to spell it. it is usually done to draw traffic because of an inferior product or is the result of cranial capacity that is far below the level needed to breath on ones own, to come up with a way to promote their own product/site aside from letting people find out about said product/site because of someones mistake.

This site makes no money. everything that is brought in goes back into maintainence, bandwidth and give aways. we don't feel the need to shamelessly prey on peoples mistakes to generate false traffic numbers so we can charge sponsors more money to advertise on this site. we do this because we have a passion for the R6. we do it because of the commraderie and the helpfulness of the members of this site. that is why

WWW.R6-FORUM.COM

exists. Everyone is entitles to their opinion of this subject but to me its major bullshit.

·
Registered
64 Posts
that takes me to r6rider.com. maybe you can have whoever is in charge or registering domain names make it so that when someone types in r6forum it takes them to r6-forum instead of :piss r6-rider. hope you can have them fix it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hummmmm.

YOu have a case. My only question is when you made the site who had r6fourm.com? You type in that name and it clearly takes you somewhere else. Let us know what we as a group can do to help you with this injustice.
:cuss

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
DEEJ IM THERE FOR YA MAN if you need something dont even hesitate to ask us man. ill do whatever i can to get that domain name taken away from that asshole. FIGHT THE POWER

·
Registered
318 Posts
this dude is diffinately intoxicated!!!! :lmao

·
Registered
318 Posts
DJ is the shiznit and we are gonna get this fool!! R6-FORUM RULES!!! :cheers a toast to you my friend loki

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ok DJ, burry those insignificant fools... give them a virus or something! DARN THEM AND THEIR PIRATISM!!!

-Solace

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
maybe pen can givethem one of his many diseases he has. perhaps syphillis or clamydia. why not, i think pen doesnt need them anymore. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
loki1313 said:
maybe pen can givethem one of his many diseases he has. perhaps syphillis or clamydia. why not, i think pen doesnt need them anymore. :mrgreen:
I'm kinda tired of my genital warts so maybe I'll rub my balls over some candy and send them a "peace offering" and then they'll have genital warts all over their faces!!!!!!!!

MuuHAhahahahahaha! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
318 Posts
sounds pretty yummy!! But yeah lets get this dude... last night when i typed r6forum.com it goes to the r6rider.com... if anything it should go here, and if it doesnt it should be destroyed no matter what!! Lets GET'ER DONE!!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
sounds pretty yummy!! But yeah lets get this dude... last night when i typed r6forum.com it goes to the r6rider.com... if anything it should go here, and if it doesnt it should be destroyed no matter what!! Lets GET'ER DONE!!!

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
penfold said:
loki1313 said:
I'm kinda tired of my genital warts so maybe I'll rub my balls over some candy and send them a "peace offering" and then they'll have genital warts all over their faces!!!!!!!!

MuuHAhahahahahaha! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
really, i thought u were gonna keep those cause u liked the freckled effect they gave your genitalia. i beleive your words were, "it makes it look so dam cute". oh well i guess its yours to give so send them some extra with my regards :mrgreen:

·
Registered
995 Posts
yo i didn't know about this other forum until ten minutes ago, wen i type R6forum into my search engine, it sends me to RainbowSix Forum.
Anyway just took a look on this other forum, and i think its loadz better than this one.

:bsflag

1 - 19 of 19 Posts