Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking of doing something pretty bold and risky with my R6s. At the moment I have a GYTR slip-on exhaust (full-size) on her. At one point I had the R6 factory shorty exhaust, I liked how the tail section was alone/bare, no passenger pegs/muffler mount but it absolutely killed my top end compared to my GYTR. Anyway, I'll get to the point- now that she's got a power commander and I can adjust the AFR for the shorter pipe- can and/or should I cut :eek5 my gytr down to like 14-16 inches or whatever shorty exhaust lengths are.. and have a custom map loaded to my pcv to still have her running like a champ???

I think it would look sweet and I've never seen that done before. And I'm sure it's do-able without much hassle. Let me know what you guys think , I'd really appreciate the input. Thanks.:cheers

Attachments

·
I like cake!
102 Posts
Hey there, I had standard and I was given a Akrapovic titanium for an R1, it only had half the wadding inside so I cut it down to where the wadding was and put it all back together, being a fabricator I fitted it to bike and JEEZ! It is freaking awesome! I am still getting a Scorpion Street Extreme because it has a baffle and can be made road legal for MOT but the Akrapovic is load and deep and sounds better than pretty much any exhaust I have ever herd :)

Hope this helps you decide

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey there, I had standard and I was given a Akrapovic titanium for an R1, it only had half the wadding inside so I cut it down to where the wadding was and put it all back together, being a fabricator I fitted it to bike and JEEZ! It is freaking awesome! I am still getting a Scorpion Street Extreme because it has a baffle and can be made road legal for MOT but the Akrapovic is load and deep and sounds better than pretty much any exhaust I have ever herd :)

Hope this helps you decide
Got any pics??

·
I like cake!
102 Posts
sorry dude, wish i could, only had it on for like 6 days and now i got a scorpion street extereme! didnt take any pics when i had it on :/ well i dont think, i will have a look around and post one up if i can find one. Was nice exhaust tho, but now i got scorpion on it sounds amazing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.