Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I was wondering if anybody has heard of an 09 r6s with 3rd generation tail fairings.? has this been done or does anyone know someone who has. Whether it be custom or exact bolt patterns. I'm looking to order the tail fairings but I want to make sure it's something that's possible.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,380 Posts
It has been done, but it takes some modification. You eithe have to do some cutting or graft a new subframe on which means making all you electrics fit in the 3rd gen subframe. Not sure who here has done it but SmoothstaR6 on the R6-Forum.com FB page has.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gottcha...that's out of my conform zone....when u say cutting do u mean cut the fairings? Or graph a new sub frame....or do you do both? I'll see if I can get ahold of the gut you spoke of on the forum. Thanks alot for your help.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,380 Posts
Cutting as in cutting up a 2nd gen subframe. I am not sure how much modifying you would need to do to a 3rd gen sub frame to install it, but I do know the electrics won't be exactly the same, and there is a lot less room in the 3rd gen tail for it all to fit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
one more question. With this sub-frame edition would I only need to buy the rear two tail fairings? or would there be other fairings that need to be replaced as well?

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
As far as I know, you would only need the tail section, the bottom portion, and a tail light. The other fairings on your bike would remain the same. You would probably also need the correct seats for the 3rd gen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts