Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Er6ic
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How problem started : Was riding on the highway on my 08 R6s at 80 mph and the bike lost all power. Pulled over and towed it home.

Bike runs 100%. It starts and sounds great. There may be a short circuit somewhere.

We disconnected the fuel tank. When key is turned on, dashboard lights up with kill switch off. We turn the kill switch on and a random clicking noise starts in the rear end of the bike, its coming from just behind the seat and in front of the "trunk space". Any ideas are welcome.

Bike runs and drives but even minutes later when you turn it off, the relay fuse pops out of relay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How problem started : Was riding on the highway on my 08 R6s at 80 mph and the bike lost all power. Pulled over and towed it home.

Bike runs 100%. It starts and sounds great. There may be a short circuit somewhere.

We disconnected the fuel tank. When key is turned on, dashboard lights up with kill switch off. We turn the kill switch on and a random clicking noise starts in the rear end of the bike, its coming from just behind the seat and in front of the "trunk space". Any ideas are welcome.

Bike runs and drives but even minutes later when you turn it off, the relay fuse pops out of relay.
I had this problem, in terns of clicks, on my 2019 R6, wihich was due to a faulty kill switch/starter switch which gave up the ghost (after about 10 hours of use) after a low side that tuned into an end over end.
I didn't have any fuses popping ...
Good Luck

·
Fat + S = Fast
1,404 Posts
Tip over sensor is back there, might be worth checking if the clicking goes away with that unplugged. Several other relays buried in the tail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts