Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You are doing track days or race AFM, CCS or AMA ? I'm selling my toy: 2003 Yamaha R6

- Race setup (race plastics, engine covers, safety wiring, etc.)

- Oehlins front suspension internals

- Bitubo steering dampener

- Gearing and 520 chain optimized for Laguna Seca, Infineon (Sears Point, Thunderhill and Buttonwillow race tracks

- Steel braided brake lines

- Race rear sets

- Pit bull race stands front and rear

- Spare exhaust canister (stock)

Raced in AMA nationals and AFM (4 races in total). Has been down (lowsided), very little cosmetical damage, but 100% technical OK and ready to race. Street plastics not complete, but easy transferable back to street, comes with title.

Call Ed 415.608.7830 or email : [email protected]

Pics: http://www.superpsycho.com/r6-for-sale/

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
Sounds like a nice bike....but expect this to be deleted....signing up just to make one post to sell your bike....no good.

·
Registered
302 Posts
AFM759 said:
internals
- Bitubo steering dampener
Are you trying to get your steering wet or something?

DamPER
DamPER
DamPER
DamPER
DamPER
DamPER
DamPER
DamPER
DamPER
DamPER
DamPER
DamPER
DamPER
DamPER
DamPER
DamPER :hammer :comp :stupic :moon :poke :cuss
DamPER
DamPER
DamPER
DamPER

·
Registered
586 Posts
.damp·en
v. damp·ened, damp·en·ing, damp·ens
v. tr.
To make damp.
To deaden, restrain, or depress: “trade moves... aimed at dampening protectionist pressures in Congress” (Christian Science Monitor).
To soundproof.

v. intr.
To become damp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dampen·er n.

[Download or Buy Now]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Dampener

n : a device that dampens or moistens something; "he used a dampener to moisten the shirts before he ironed them" [syn: moistener]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

Either way is to say it is correct. Although the above example uses "moisten". The definition also states the verb to deaden or restrain and that is what a stabilizer does.

And AFM759 : good luck :poke

·
Registered
267 Posts
wow, its amazing how many people have been flamed off this site in recent months for signing up a membership and posting a sale on their first post. its a good thing we have the integrity to maintain our values and not allow 1-timers to sell stuff here. perhaps we should put up a disclaimer about this on the home page.
:flame

·
Registered
267 Posts
okay..........it gets worse. go to that website for pics of the bike and be disappointed. it has a quadruple-bubble windscreen in some pics. i've never seen a race bike with no frame sliders and a stock exhaust system. doesn't look like someone was too serious about racing or won a lot.
:jacked

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, you guys are sweet ! Flaming experts. If message boards getting armed with guns, I would be killed by now.

OK, what to say.

1.) I'm a foreigner, thanks for blaming not handling you language. But your post was fun , lol
2.) Signing up for just posting a sale. Well, there is no disclaimer that this is a problem. I'm a private person and a Yamaha enthusiast, I'm not selling my business here, I'm not a message board expert. If that's not sufficient to be part of your family, I give up. KILL ME ! Bye... Any constructive hint where to spread the message to the R6 community ?
3.) Serious about racing ? Lol. Nice try, dude. I'm not starting to flame back now, I'm not in the position here. Interesting how you define by windscreen and frame sliders racing skills. Maybe we meet on some track one day, if you loose, you clean the dust of the trophies with a toothbrush I collected in 5 years living in SF, deal ? hahahahahha

dying now....

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
AFM759 said:
Wow, you guys are sweet ! Flaming experts. If message boards getting armed with guns, I would be killed by now.

OK, what to say.

1.) I'm a foreigner, thanks for blaming not handling you language. But your post was fun , lol
2.) Signing up for just posting a sale. Well, there is no disclaimer that this is a problem. I'm a private person and a Yamaha enthusiast, I'm not selling my business here, I'm not a message board expert. If that's not sufficient to be part of your family, I give up. KILL ME ! Bye... Any constructive hint where to spread the message to the R6 community ?
3.) Serious about racing ? Lol. Nice try, dude. I'm not starting to flame back now, I'm not in the position here. Interesting how you define by windscreen and frame sliders racing skills. Maybe we meet on some track one day, if you loose, you clean the dust of the trophies with a toothbrush I collected in 5 years living in SF, deal ? hahahahahha

dying now....
There is a disclaimer in the Buy/Sell section of the forums......it says that you must have a minimum post count of 50.....it's not that we're tryin to be assholes but people get rat fucked out of their money from on-line scams all the time....we just don't want that to happen in here on our watch.....sorry if some have put a bad tasted in your mouth but if you'd like stick around for a while get to talkin a bit and once you hit 50 we'd be glad to help you sell your bike.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
njk27 said:
That exhaust is so damn ugly.
yup, but the only legal way to race production class (e.g. see AFM rules). Sounds ugly, too. Anyhow, I'm back in Germany since September and police is fucking with you like a criminal if they catch you with sweet pipes on the streets. We are used to it here. *sigh*

I'm back in SF in 3 weeks, so if there is interest, I will be there...

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
post count = 3, shipping from overseas....yeah sounds very similar to ebay scams.

just read the rules dude. minimum post count of 50, plus this should be posted in the buy/sell section. so contact a mod to have it posted

·
Registered
302 Posts
Didn't meen to "flame" I kind of thought it was funnie :mrgreen:

That's the problem with internet humor though, no tone of voice..I lose

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
[quote='01R6]Didn't meen to "flame" I kind of thought it was funnie :mrgreen:

That's the problem with internet humor though, no tone of voice..I lose[/quote]

god youre an asshole :moon

·
Registered
302 Posts
RSixxr said:
[quote='01R6]Didn't meen to "flame" I kind of thought it was funnie :mrgreen:

That's the problem with internet humor though, no tone of voice..I lose
god youre an asshole :moon[/quote]

:hammer

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
r6boater said:
.damp·en
v. damp·ened, damp·en·ing, damp·ens
v. tr.
To make damp.
To deaden, restrain, or depress: “trade moves... aimed at dampening protectionist pressures in Congress” (Christian Science Monitor).
To soundproof.

v. intr.
To become damp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dampen·er n.

[Download or Buy Now]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Dampener

n : a device that dampens or moistens something; "he used a dampener to moisten the shirts before he ironed them" [syn: moistener]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

Either way is to say it is correct. Although the above example uses "moisten". The definition also states the verb to deaden or restrain and that is what a stabilizer does.

And AFM759 : good luck :poke
Maybe you have put together an argument for using either term.

But I will enter that every manufacturer that makes one of these products calls it a DAMPER.

·
I ride her hard!!!
195 Posts
I noticed in some of the pics that you're using the pirelli dc's. I'm in the market for some new buns, and I've heard nothing but good reviews about the dc's. Did you use them for qualifying, then switch to race rubber for the actual race? Or did you use them for both?

BTW, try posting your sale here also http://r6messagenet.com/forums/announcement.php?f=20 Just trying to help a fellow R6 rider out :cheers

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
AFM759 said:

OK, what to say.

dying now....
dude, i like you already!!! and i dig the bike, but i got one already.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lvbluer6 said:
I noticed in some of the pics that you're using the pirelli dc's. I'm in the market for some new buns, and I've heard nothing but good reviews about the dc's. Did you use them for qualifying, then switch to race rubber for the actual race? Or did you use them for both?

BTW, try posting your sale here also http://r6messagenet.com/forums/announcement.php?f=20 Just trying to help a fellow R6 rider out :cheers
Cool, thanks for the tip ! I go for that !

Another rule for running "production class" races is using street rubber. I was happy with the Pirellis on the R6, a track side dealer gave me a kick ass deal. For my other racer (Yamaha 2 stroke 250) which ran in a superbike class I used the Dunlop slicks.

Dirk
:cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts