Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Considering converting my '07 to track-only, and am researching various body work. Looks like some bodywork requires aftermarket exhausts, but other works with the stock one. I have a stock exhaust and don't plan on changing it any time soon.

Based on your experience, what would you recommend for bodywork? What should I look for in terms of parts/materials/etc.?

Cheaper is always better, but if I have to spend a bit more to get quality stuff, so be it.

Thanks!

·
Just suck on my balls!!!
64 Posts
I used Catalyst Racing Composites with a stock exhaust and the fit was good. You will have to use some heat tape on the inside of the belly pan on the right side and the top rear section. Not sure what their current prices are, but the quality and prices are close to Sharkskinz. I have Sharkskinz on another bike.

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,810 Posts
Hi all,

Considering converting my '07 to track-only, and am researching various body work. Looks like some bodywork requires aftermarket exhausts, but other works with the stock one. I have a stock exhaust and don't plan on changing it any time soon.

Based on your experience, what would you recommend for bodywork? What should I look for in terms of parts/materials/etc.?

Cheaper is always better, but if I have to spend a bit more to get quality stuff, so be it.

Thanks!
used sebimoto, pit eck, and sharkskinz. Pit-eck is the cheapest. Take the money you save and buy a Y pipe/slip on to get rid of that PIA catalytic convertor

·
Jonesing for track
442 Posts
Find a brand you're interested in, call and check with the manufacturer. It is usually listed on websites whether or not the bodywork will fit w/stock exhaust.

I know Armour Bodies works w/stock exhaust. Sharkskinz and Optimal Racing will not fit. Factory Bodyworks and Rockwall might fit (both $400 price range), but you'd have to check with the company.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts