Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a set that utilises the OEM seat. Have been considering replacing the tail piece to one of those superbike style pieces that requires a foam pad.

Can anyone give me feedback on pros/cons. Will the superbike tail make you sit lower or will it be a more aggressive seating?

·
Track junkie
140 Posts
In my experience I hated the Superbike seat. Too hard and it made me feel like I was sitting up way too high. Just my 2 cents.

·
My R6 rocks!
161 Posts
I currently have a set that utilises the OEM seat. Have been considering replacing the tail piece to one of those superbike style pieces that requires a foam pad.

Can anyone give me feedback on pros/cons. Will the superbike tail make you sit lower or will it be a more aggressive seating?
I actually like the super bike tail, but if you have any trouble reaching ground with the stock seat. You'll have a LOT more with the superbike tail.

You don't have to use a foam pad. I didn't put anything on my last one until I had to ride in the rain. The one I originally had actually used a piece of rubber floor mat.

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
I had a race tail on my ninja, and I had a GP tech foam seat that was nice. It was not near as comfortable as the stock seat but for the track it worked great.

·
Will Race for Food
136 Posts
I like the superbike a lot better than stock. I don't ride my track bike on the street so the comfort item has never been an issue for me since I'm rarely sitting square on the seat for any length of time. The superbike tail lets me feel what the rear end is doing, it helps control slides.

Z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts