Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to put race fairings on my 2017 model. I will remove lights, both front and rear.

1) Will that trigger warning lights or similar?

2) Any advice when removi g the side stand and handling the switch?

Cheers from Sweden!

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
997 Posts
Sounds like he want to remove only side stand switch. Short both wires that go to the stand switch to remove it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx guys! Exactly, just the side stand switch.

Was just worried the display would look like a christmas tree once I ditched front- and rear lights and mounted the race fairings.

I have a plan to make it possible to make the bike street worthy if needed but I assume that's just an illusion - once I have low sided and even high sided the beast a couple of times on the track I think it will never go back to anything that can pass the inspection 😂

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am about to put race fairings on my 2017 model. I will remove lights, both front and rear.

Cheers from Sweden!
There's also OEM style plugs you can get to jump the wires. It's cleaner and more reliable than jumping them in the plug and saves resale value over splicing the wires. Just search for a side stand bypass or side stand eliminator.

If it was within regulations, I'd cut the fairings and save the side stand personally. If I had to stop on the circuit at my local track, there's no walls or anything to lean the bike on.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Cheers from Sweden!
I have a 2020 R6. With regards to the lights I’d have to say no. I removed every single light on mine. Just unplugged them from the harness and did away with them. I got no warning lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts