Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well... after reading thread after thread about how much fun the trackdays are on the bike, i've decided to ask for a set of race plastics for my 30th birthday (let's see how that goes over with the wife). anyhow, i'm not sure what i need to look for, or if one set is better than another. i don't want to ask for something too expensive, b/c then i'll have to get em myself after the b-day. any suggestions?

p.s. i'm looking at getting the track set of plastics b/c i'm definately gonna be a nooB on the track (and i aint ashamed to say it... everybody starts somewhere). thanks in advance!

JP

·
The E-racings Guy
82 Posts
I am a vend for E-racings.... a set for an R6 goes for $341 shipped to your door..

PM me if interested

·
Registered
644 Posts
You don't need new plastic for track days, if your worried about crashing, put on a crash cage-cheaper then plastic, but if you want race shit start here:http://www.tobefast.com/bodywork-c-55492.html
Bad idea...
You can get a set of e racings on ebay new for low $300 range. That's a lot cheaper than you'll come out in a crash with a cage.
And let's just throw in that you needn't worry about crashing, just start looking for upgrades to replace the clip-ons, levers, and rear-sets that you will eventually brake / bend WHEN you crash.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Woops... I didn't see the post above mine. I think that's the guy I got mine from.
And try hammythecanman.com for the parts you brake. He has good prices on Vortex and other brands.

·
The E-racings Guy
82 Posts
Woops... I didn't see the post above mine. I think that's the guy I got mine from.
And try hammythecanman.com for the parts you brake. He has good prices on Vortex and other brands.
yeah you did buy them from me, I remember the name, i think you are on the east coast somewhere if i remember right, but maybe not :confused:

·
To the Bat Cave!
4,113 Posts
Agg, if I may suggest Keep Up, he is an awesome guy and I definitely recommend him. I know him from another site, so his 24 post count here may be daunting; however, he does rule and has always been more than helpful.

Only thing that I know of is the e-racings don't fit the stock 06-07 pipe. So you either need to switch it out or tweak the bodywork, from my understanding, it can be an easy fix.

Just tack the price on to your new iPhone bill. ;)

·
The E-racings Guy
82 Posts
Agg, if I may suggest Keep Up, he is an awesome guy and I definitely recommend him. I know him from another site, so his 24 post count here may be daunting; however, he does rule and has always been more than helpful.

Only thing that I know of is the e-racings don't fit the stock 06-07 pipe. So you either need to switch it out or tweak the bodywork, from my understanding, it can be an easy fix.

Just tack the price on to your new iPhone bill. ;)
Thanks Colt :)

I don't want to just post whore to get my count up!

and... I don't have an R6 yet, but I am going to pick an 06 up tomorrow.

a little teaser:
2006 R6
Full Leo Vince
woodcraft rearsets
woodcraft clipons
woodcraft case covers
power commander, ign module, quick shifter
SS lines
GPR stabilizer
CRG and Pazzo levers
Ohlins 20mm in the front
Penske tripple clicker rear
speed bleaders
traxxion tank gaurds

·
To the Bat Cave!
4,113 Posts
Thanks Colt :)

I don't want to just post whore to get my count up!

and... I don't have an R6 yet, but I am going to pick an 06 up tomorrow.

a little teaser:
2006 R6
Full Leo Vince
woodcraft rearsets
woodcraft clipons
woodcraft case covers
power commander, ign module, quick shifter
SS lines
GPR stabilizer
CRG and Pazzo levers
Ohlins 20mm in the front
Penske tripple clicker rear
speed bleaders
traxxion tank gaurds
Lol, don't I know it man. Get rid of the GSXR and you can actually come around to a full circle of coolness. :cool:

Look at my post count, most are from whoring it around the site. However, if you can believe it, there is far worse out there than me.

Bike does sound super sweet, no pics yet? So are they giving you the Pazzos as backups or something?

·
Registered
644 Posts
I don't know of any race bodywork that will fit with the stock exhaust. Ride without it, mod it, or if your pockets are deep enough get a full system.

·
The E-racings Guy
82 Posts
Lol, don't I know it man. Get rid of the GSXR and you can actually come around to a full circle of coolness. :cool:

Look at my post count, most are from whoring it around the site. However, if you can believe it, there is far worse out there than me.

Bike does sound super sweet, no pics yet? So are they giving you the Pazzos as backups or something?
I am taking the crg's off and using them as spares (they are odd gold colored and ugly) and I am putting black pazzo shorties on with red adjusters.

I am also a dealer for pazzo, so I have to represent the stuff I sell! :toocool:

·
To the Bat Cave!
4,113 Posts
I am taking the crg's off and using them as spares (they are odd gold colored and ugly) and I am putting black pazzo shorties on with red adjusters.

I am also a dealer for pazzo, so I have to represent the stuff I sell! :toocool:
Doh! I'm a CRG fan myself, but thinking of getting Pazzo's for the race bike. Maybe I'll hit you up soon. You know, try both.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Woodcraft is now vending ArmourBodies and I've seen them in person. As good as sharkskinz but half the price.

I just ordered a set.

woodcraft-cfm.com

You don't need new plastic for track days, if your worried about crashing, put on a crash cage-cheaper then plastic, but if you want race shit start here:http://www.tobefast.com/bodywork-c-55492.html
Crash cages decrease your cornering clearance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts