Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
this is more of a "true race rail." notice the length and shape. it does not offer fairing protection just the actual engine itself...

i also found this ironic to come up int he forum today..... >>r6 forum link<<

Thats the rail I was initially looking at but, a local guy had the Impaktech rail so, I picked it up. I hope I don’t find out if the bike will tumble instead of slide. I’m not a very aggressive rider on the streets. It would most like be a low/med speed drop IF that happens to me again .

That’s crazy. How hard did the OP go down. It’s amazeballs That his frame was pushed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i have a small frame slider on each side connected to a breakaway bracket for street riding (this is for low speed stuff only). I am very hesitant to have anything like a big cage or rail.

At the track i would use only case covers.

I have heard many stories of people with posts, sliders or cages going down at a low/medium speed but the dang thing catches in a pothole and flips the bike violently into a tumble instead of an easy slide.....

What sliders are you running? Was it a DIY job?

·
R6 is Love. R6 is Life.
149 Posts
What sliders are you running? Was it a DIY job?

most my work is DIY, its a cast bracket so its more brittle than bendy...... , steel bolt holds the flush bracket in, aluminum bolts hold the slider in. I want that bitch to break right off if it hits even a ***n road reflector.

my frame sliders are really there for if i like, put my foot down in oil and slip or something.

its not crash protection

·
Registered
285 Posts
most my work is DIY, its a cast bracket so its more brittle than bendy...... , steel bolt holds the flush bracket in, aluminum bolts hold the slider in. I want that bitch to break right off if it hits even a ***n road reflector.

my frame sliders are really there for if i like, put my foot down in oil and slip or something.

its not crash protection
See Graves frame sliders. They will not protect the fairings but will protect the frame. I don't want any bolts breaking off that secure the motor to the frame.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts