Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been looking to better myself every time i can on my bike. I've only been riding for about 4 months now, and it seems that every time i go out to ride, i learn something new or get a little more comfortable. I've heard that you can take lessons at the track to better your skills, and get more comfortable on the bike. Have any of you guys taken these classes? Do you think i should get more riding time before i take these classes, or are they even a necessity before i hit up the track? I'm in Nor Cal, and Infineon is prob my best bet.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
i work for suisun city fire.....:hehe
i'm takin a pridmore school this fall....i highly recommend it..
ummmm you should get some seat time to get to know your bike first bro....
go with us in september to thunderhill, and i'll show you the ropes, like i did redwood650 and paytheon

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good, I might have to check out that class. I might have to do the Uhaul thing, but oh well it won't be that bad. Is that class too advanced for someone like me, or are there different levels of it. I don't want to go out on my first track day and look like a idiot.

·
www.1seven1.com
2,064 Posts
If the Pridmore school is near you, take it. Fantastic and a hell of a deal! Really good people, too. Jason got a WSBK ride for the rest of the season after MMP last weekend. I got a chance to talk with him and he said his race schedule won't interfere with his schools at all.

http://starmotorcycle.com/

-D

·
Custom User Title
1,827 Posts
keigwin's novice school at thunderhill in sept

it'll be my 3rd time going to the novice school (doing the intermediate school next week)

hit me up, im pretty constant of going to thunderhill

and you're very close to t-hill

also, check out bay area riders forum .com

or BARF for short.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Spencer shool is great. Some add'l seat time on the bike is helpful but not needed.

I took the Spencer race school, but I have heard good things about his street school as well. Nick Ienatsch is the head instructor, and Shane Turpin, Jeff Haney, and other AMA or AFM veterans, some retiring with factory rides, are fantastic instructors. Freddie comes in as well and is a wealth of knowledge. Some find him annoying as an AMA announcer, but he is a great teacher and knows his stuff.

It's not cheap, but it is well worth it. My riding skills increased 10 fold after the class.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts