Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Track junkie
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's what I got: All tires have 2 practice sessions and 3-4 sprint races each, warmers were used, Paypal only, thanks.

2 sets of Michelin Power Ones, 180 rear, V front-B rear, $85 + shipping/set

2 sets Michelin Power Race, 180 rears, both V fronts-(1)PR3 (soft) rear and(1)PR5 rear (med), $75/set

1 set Dunlop 208's, 180 rear, $50/set

1 set Bridgestone BT003's, 180 rear, type 3, $70/set

Also have 4 fronts for sale, all in excellent shape, you choose - $40 + shipping
2 Power One V fronts, 1 Dunlop 209GP, 1 Power Race V front

·
She wants me to twist it!
882 Posts
Where are you located at?

·
Track junkie
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3 or 4 more sets will be available in a week or two. I have them on rims waiting to come off as soon as the new skins come in. All Michelins - some Power Race and some Power Ones. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Which ones did you like the best?

·
Track junkie
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd have to say the Power Ones wore the best, but they all actually feel pretty good on the track. The Power Races felt similar on the track and the wear was typically good, it's just the Ones seem to never wear out, although they do cost more. Most of the newer tires are really good and probably better than most riders. I guess it boils down to your budget.

·
cruisin for a bruisin
315 Posts
Any idea how many street miles you can get out of a set?

·
Track junkie
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the middle of the tire doesn't really get used much at all on the track, so these are like new ones if they were to be used on the street. I've never used em on the street but considering they are a DOT tire and they're like new in the center, I'd say quite a few.

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
ironic.

I'm from Enfield also

·
Track junkie
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well then I'll have to charge you double for shipping, lol. You can always stop over and check out whatever tires you want to see.

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
I'm all set with tires right now.

My bike was stolen in September from my apartment. I'm looking to get another R6 in the next week or two.

·
chillen chillen
687 Posts
bumP for a local :). I'll be getting a set from you in a few weeks so save me a pair of the bridgestone 003... I'll come pick it up... You can pm me you number

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,253 Posts
Good assortment of tires. The D208 is a little dates, but I've run them about to the cords with great traction.

Check your rebound damping. It's a couple clicks slow. Your tires will wear a little better.

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,253 Posts
funny you mention that, the suspension is getting freshened up as we type, lol. The scallops give it away?
PM's replied
Yes. But they are slight. Easily adjustable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts