Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having some issues unloaded and loaded my bike on my single axle trailer when the trailer is not hooked up to the truck. long story short every time i unload or load the bike, it gets off balanced and the front of the trailer shoots sky high.

Needless to say i have been brainstorming for the last couple day as to how i can solve my dilemma. I was gonna try getting another trailer jack and put on the back but couldn’t find a good way to mount it with out looking southern rigged and ghetto.
Stopped by home depot today to pick up some shop lights for the garage when i came across these little babys and got my mind working.

I was thinking about cutting them to size and C-clamping them on. when i realized after i cut them down they would fit into the square steel on the back of the trailer.

So after some drilling and cutting it started to come together. i put a bolt thur the top to hold it in place. worked out pretty nice.

After i was done i had the left over pieces i had cut off the ratchet bars and was wondering what i could use them for. i ended up getting pvc caps and securing them on to the cut edge.

After a little paint hahah

I figure it would be the perfect tool to hold up the fuel tank when i need to get under it for something when taking it all the way off is not required..
So anyway a little off topic but figured i would share with all of you. :cheers

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
transporting on the rear stand isnt the brightest of idears either. THose little spools take a hammering on that tiny trailer.
before i got the pit bull trs i would use the rear stand to hold up the bike while i would strap it down. i would then take the rear stand off. just made it easier for me loading it by myself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts