Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Nunn shall pass
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. My wife is getting sick of Amsterdam, and is hinting that a move to the States could be fun. We've just come back from a week in DC and New York, and I have to admit that there is something to be said for it. But of course, one of the biggest things to consider is proximity to race tracks - I prefer to race, but also do a few track days.

If I were to move to the Arlington/DC area, what are my realistic options for racing and track days? I've done some searching, but local I think local knowledge is king. I'd be looking at club racing - I'm 45, and won't be winning many trophies against you young whipper snappers.

Cheers,

David

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
WERA has a 40 and over senior superbike class that you'd be perfect for. Tons of tracks within a several hour drive of DC. Summit Point, NJMP, VIR, BeaveRun, NCBike.

Lots of track day orgs, and the two primary club racing orgs are WERA and CCS.

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
Hey all. My wife is getting sick of Amsterdam, and is hinting that a move to the States could be fun. We've just come back from a week in DC and New York, and I have to admit that there is something to be said for it. But of course, one of the biggest things to consider is proximity to race tracks - I prefer to race, but also do a few track days.

If I were to move to the Arlington/DC area, what are my realistic options for racing and track days? I've done some searching, but local I think local knowledge is king. I'd be looking at club racing - I'm 45, and won't be winning many trophies against you young whipper snappers.

Cheers,

David
Why would you want to live in that shit hole?

WERA has a 40 and over senior superbike class that you'd be perfect for. Tons of tracks within a several hour drive of DC. Summit Point, NJMP, VIR, BeaveRun, NCBike.

Ask this guy...:laugh

·
Nunn shall pass
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Cheers, man. Gives me something to work with.

One part of me thinks the US would be great, another wants to stay here in Europe, and the rest wants to head back home to Aus and race with my mates. First world problems, I know...

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Fantastic question.

:bowroll

Grass is always greener on the other side, till you realize it's fertilized with bullshit...

Only reason I'm living here is because I'm forced to live here.

·
Nunn shall pass
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New York would prolly be my choice when looking at the States, but my current employer has an office in Chantilly, and it's most likely that my wife would be looking for work in DC. Arlington is close enough to Chantilly for the daily drive, and has metro line for the missus to commute to DC

California sounds nice, but if I wanted to hang out with long haired, pot smoking beatniks, I could just stay here in Amsterdam

·
Just lean harder...
887 Posts
I live in Fredericksburg, VA. We are getting a new Motorsports Park, suppose to open sometime in 2014. Looks pretty cool with a 2.2 mile road course, 1/8 mile drag strip, and 3/4 mile (I think) round track.

We also have the Blue Ridge Mountains close by, witch is one of the most beautiful places to ride in the country.

·
I have 2 belly buttons.
1,951 Posts
I live in Fredericksburg, VA. We are getting a new Motorsports Park, suppose to open sometime in 2014. Looks pretty cool with a 2.2 mile road course, 1/8 mile drag strip, and 3/4 mile (I think) round track.

We also have the Blue Ridge Mountains close by, witch is one of the most beautiful places to ride in the country.

Can't wait for dominion to open. Nesba says they will be doing track days there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts