Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MMVII R6
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i have a question about full racing suits, i am plannig on doing my first track day here in a few weeks but i am in a situation where i can not find full suits that fit my body type, i am 5'6"(i know it sucks to be short) and i weight 195 lbs, now i am not fat i do have a small waist but my legs won't even go in the pants let alone put my boots over the leathers, i tried the spidi and the sheerfield suits size 54 and 58 and they were terrible, so if anyone has the same problem and know about a suit that could fit me please let me know, thanks.

·
New Yorker
2,736 Posts
how big are your legs? geez. i have a friend who runs a alpinestars u 54, bigger than you and has no problem putting on the pants. he had a hardtime putting the boots over and closing it tho.

·
MMVII R6
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seriuosly my calves will not go all the way down, and i do run long distanaces and hit the gym pretty hardcore, but believe me it is depressing trying to find leathers, so do you know what model of alpine stars he uses?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Dainese will do a full custom set for a like 200 on top of the shelf price. If you have a really odd shape it might be the best way to go for a good fit. They have alot of stores in the SoCal area, I would look one up and see if they can get you fitted.

·
MITICO
437 Posts
I've been having the same issues re: finding a suit, some people suggestion Vanson leathers who make custom suits at a decent price, or check Joe Rocket or something. I'm built like a football player (6'1, 240+) so im in the same boat

·
Banned
2,723 Posts
www.helimot.com

One of the best in the business---spend the money once and be done with it--all custom--and actually affordable.

T1

·
Registered
124 Posts
Give SportBikeTrackGear.com a call. I thought sizing was hard for me and they asked a bunch of questions and got the sizing spot on.

Great vendor too...

·
Will Race for Food
136 Posts
I am a difficult fit as well, custom is the way to go. Barnicle Bill has a great suit, very strong for around 1000, Syed also has a 800 dollar custom suit. I have a Vanson suit that cost a bit more but I had a lot of fitting problems even though I drove to the factory in MA for a fitting. I would probably go for something different next time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am 5'7" and about the same weight. I wear an RS Taichi suit but I don't remember the size off hand. I've got thick legs and calves too and the legs fit fine. I used to work out (wasn't huge, but had fairly big arms and shoulders) and those areas were really tight. I actually stopped working out so I could have more room in the arms/shoulder area. Other then that, the suit fits pretty good. Also, I have a sort of long torso, short legs kind of body type and I can't stand completey straight in the suit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts