Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking for more detailed information on how to get into racing my r6. I know all the basic stuff like bike prep and everything but I'm having difficulty finding out how to obtain a racing license and stuff like that. I was hoping someone could help me out like what to expect and everything because I have limited computer time since my labtop was stolen and I work all the time. So any experienced racers out there please drop me a line on here. and I'm also looking for someone who goes to the track a lot from the north ga area so I could maybe trailer my bike with them or just hangout at the track. thanks!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
First you find the local racing venue in your area. I believe WERA does a lot of racing circuits on Jennings and Road Atlanta. If WERA isn't your thing, call up the tracks and ask if they do club level racing at all. Most places have a "Race School" you have to attend. For WSMC out here in california, its a one day class done on a saturday where they walk your through flag rules, getting on and off the track, and other race specific things (think glorified riders meetings). They mix this in with track time throughout the day so they can see how you ride and what kinda times you are running. At the end of the day you get a probationary license. Basically you have to complete 3 races before you're allowed to be let loose without any supervision. All said and done my first race weekend cost me about 900 bucks. 200 for tires, 175ish for the race school (includes track time during saturday practice), 120 for my race license fees, 300 for a transponder, and 70 bucks for class registration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts