Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Zip ties and Duct tape
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up dudes!

So I need to replace the inlet hose on the left side of the bike as it was leaking. Question though, when I need to reinstall the new hose, do you guys have any recommendations on installing the new hose? It was a bi*** getting the old hose off and I am looking for a solution to put the new one on. Some people have told me to use dish soap on the inside of the hose to help it slide on easier, and others have said to use hand sanitizer. The last thing that I want to have happen is to break off the radiator bib from trying to muscle it on there.. but I also don't want to have those slip off once riding either due to the application of some sort of lubricant. I also obviously don't want to put on something that will cause the rubber to corrode. What do you guys recommend??

Attachments

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
It was hard to remove because they get stuck. A new one will slip right on. A tire lubricant would work best. But I doubt you'll need anything.

·
Zip ties and Duct tape
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright cool, cause i saw some people even put the hoses in the microwave to get them to expand LOL. Not trying to have my place smell like rubber.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I noticed all the OEM clamps were positioned at, or very near to the 12 O'clock mark. I reinstalled a clamp at the 6 O'clock position. It leaked. Try to line up the imprint on the hose so that the clamp is reinstalled to its original (non-leaking) position.

It was hard to remove because they get stuck...............
Take a set of slip-jaw pliers, adjust them out so the grip at least out to the 12 and 6 O'clock positions, grip light enough not to distort the inlet or dig into the hose, but just tight enough not to slip on (damage) the hose. Then twist. The twist will break the hose free so it can then be pulled off as normal, without tools or excessive force.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
They make hose removal tools. They work great. If it doesn't come off by twisting by hand I'll slide the hook tool in there and work it around the diameter of the hose and it usually pops right off.

Hot water will also soften the hose. Not sure why people put car and bike parts in ovens and microwaves. That's just dumb

·
Zip ties and Duct tape
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up just using some good ol mucous... works great and it's free :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts