Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
R Sizzle
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got new tires coming for my 05 R6, and was wondering how hard it is to raise a bike back to stock height. Im 6'3 and the previous owner was like 5'3 and lowered the bike an inch I believe. Would I be better off to just have the guys at the shop raise it back up when they put on the tires, or try and attempt it myself? I know it has to be exact on the front end, so Im thinking I dont want to mess it up.

Its got a lowering link on it, will that work at stock height or will I need to get a stock link?

·
12,482 Posts
I still have my stock link from my '07 R6s... if you want it, $15 shipped.

·
It's a lifestyle
155 Posts
they probably used a lowering link for the rear and dropped the triple tree down the forks.

visually examine the lower links on the rear shock and see if they used a triangular link or a straight link so you know which you will need to buy. the front forks you simple need to loosen the allen bolts on the triple tree with a friend or two and slide the fork tubes down the tree.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How far down should the triple trees be on the fork tubes to make it factory.... i noticed thta my bike was lowered front and so i got the back back up in the air but i wasn't sure where the triple trees should be

·
R Sizzle
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is the link setup thats on my bike now. there is another hole for a bolt to the left of the one its in now. can i adjust the link and suspension thats on there to bring it back up to stock? does anybody know where there is a how to on this topic, searched but didnt really find anything.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts