Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends.

I bought a 2008 r6 that the front end and handle bars have been lowered on. Only the front has been lowered not the rear. I would like to raise it back up.

How would I go about doing this? It seems simple I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Also I have a triple tree stand. Is this ok to use?

·
Build, Go fast...Repeat!
16 Posts
I know on my 2007 there are 6 6mm allen head bolts that are required to raise the front end. The triple tree has 1 bolt on each side and lower down the forks there are 2 bolts on each side. If you have a tree stand thats perfect and its recommended to support the rear as well (ask how I know). Once everything is good and strudy loosen the bolts and adjust to which ever line of forks fits your needs(mine is at line 3). Then tighten everything back up to proper torque spec and your all set. Hopefully this will get you in the ballpark.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know on my 2007 there are 6 6mm allen head bolts that are required to raise the front end. The triple tree has 1 bolt on each side and lower down the forks there are 2 bolts on each side. If you have a tree stand thats perfect and its recommended to support the rear as well (ask how I know). Once everything is good and strudy loosen the bolts and adjust to which ever line of forks fits your needs(mine is at line 3). Then tighten everything back up to proper torque spec and your all set. Hopefully this will get you in the ballpark.
Ok thank you. This is what I had in mind.

Just to make 100% sure its these 3 bolts on each side right?

Not these?

·
Build, Go fast...Repeat!
16 Posts
Yep you got it right and if the tubes are stiff tap on them lightly with a rubber hammer and they will free up. The other bolt that is circled looks like the bolt for the handlebar clip on and it will be a lot lower once you adjust the forks so after everything is tightened back up loosen that circled bolt and readjust your handlebar how you like. And now that I'm seeing how freakin much the bike is lowered you might want to loosen the clip on the same time as everything else to allow the fork to travel back to the adjustment lines. Hope this will help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts