Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chi-Towns Finest
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just finished custom fabricating this grill for the ram air intake. I figured i would post a few pictures since i haven't seen any other bike with it done.

Attachments

·
Garage Queen R6
719 Posts
THe reason why you dont see anything like that is cause it restricts the ram air. I bet if you dyno that bike, you'll lose a lil bit of power. The only thing i see it good for is for fuel savings. I figure, less air going in, the less fuel the injectors spit out. But thats just a theory.

·
Registered
365 Posts
THe reason why you dont see anything like that is cause it restricts the ram air. I bet if you dyno that bike, you'll lose a lil bit of power. The only thing i see it good for is for fuel savings. I figure, less air going in, the less fuel the injectors spit out. But thats just a theory.
Really don't think it would change the dyno cause the bikes not moving and forcing air in on a dyno but on the street I'm sure it might of dropped a little.

·
Chi-Towns Finest
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the gaps are so wide, that the air will still flow right though. grant it that it is not as wide as stock, i dont think the power loss is going to be thats significant (at least anything i would notice).

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Do the older models and the S's have other intake ports as well? My 07 (not S) has the "Ram Air" on the front and then two other inlets, one on each side in the side plastics.

And true Ram Air doesn't happen until around 300mph. But still, you'll make less power if you're making your bike breathe through a straw

1 - 10 of 10 Posts