Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone here that has ridden all the 07 and 08 supersport bikes...which one do you think is the best and your most favorite when it comes to riding on the street and not the track and in terms of power, handling and gearing??

I rode the Ninja, Giixer and my R6 all 07's

1.R6 (Best handling, worst gearing for street)
2.Gixer (best gearing & clutch, so so handling)
3.Ninja (Pretty damn good handling, gearing sucks)

·
Registered
853 Posts
For anyone here that has ridden all the 07 and 08 supersport bikes...which one do you think is the best and your most favorite when it comes to riding on the street and not the track and in terms of power, handling and gearing??

I rode the Ninja, Giixer and my R6 all 07's

1.R6 (Best handling, worst gearing for street)
2.Gixer (best gearing & clutch, so so handling)
3.Ninja (Pretty damn good handling, gearing sucks)
I haven't ridden any of those, but I have heard the gixxer is the most "street friendly". Gotta be honest with you, unless you are a seasoned track veteran, you won't be able to find differences in the capabilities of these bikes on the street. If I had to choose a supersport for the street only, I would probably choose the CBR, R6S and GSXR in that order. The ergos on the R6 and ZX6 are pretty aggressive, not too street friendly.

As far as the differences in handling you felt on those bikes, did you have the suspension dialed in for your weight on each one? If not, that would make a huge difference. Also the tires would have a huge effect on handling, so if they were running different tires that could account for the different handling characteristics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
sorry wrong thread

1 - 3 of 3 Posts