Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need ur 2cents I want to get a R6 RAVEN eathier 05 or 06.
which one would u chose for appearance and also the better machine.

also if anyone is looking to get rid of one around NY let me know.
Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
432 Posts
06 definately

·
Registered
603 Posts
I love the 05 and 05 only as far as older r6's go but the 06 is were it at IMO the exotic racer is captured in the 06 body style and if you mod it right it gets better and better :fact

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
the raven is a totally different machine than a regular r6. it's not the ordinary blue, silver, red, yellow...it's a RAVEN....idiot

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
The 05. Unless you're a trackday superstar the 06 isn't worth the compromises. The 06 is focussed too narrowly on track prowess for regular street riding, making it uncomfortable for bimbling down the road. As far as looks, personally I prefer the looks of the 05 too. The newer ones aren't really ugly, per sé, but I just don't like them as much.

·
My Raven Flys
10 Posts
I got an 05 and I love it! I have ridden an 06 several times but was not impressed at all. It was too uncomfortably high off the ground compared to my 05. Track bike for sure. Both bikes are hott!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I own an o5 raven and I love it. I like the looks, the power and the riding position. I don't get fatigued from long rides. It sits slightly lower and more upright so it is better for the street. If you are gonna take people with you on the bike then get O5. I do like the looks of the O6 with no passenger pegs and GP exhaust. Oh and O5 or the r6s is cheaper!

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
06ravenedition said:
06 for sure. IMO 10000000% better looking. Better handling. i think the 06 makes the 05 and olders look like mopeds. jsut my TWO cents. :YEA
i agree. older than 06 looks outdated IMO

·
Not DoD Blocked
2,339 Posts
this place makes me laugh, back when we first saw the pics of the 06, everyone laughed at them and called them a praying mantis.

anyway i would go with the 05. great machine.

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
ViPeRVeNoM said:
this place makes me laugh, back when we first saw the pics of the 06, everyone laughed at them and called them a praying mantis.
it still does. but it loks better than 05's and below. someone said it before me, but the 05 and below look like mopeds or "beginner bikes" to me

1 - 20 of 20 Posts