Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sport Bikes Attract Men
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently had all my tools and OEM car rims stolen from my storage unit and would like some advice on power tools. I bought a 450 piece craftsman toolbox socket set, torque wrench, breaker bar, and all the good motion pro tools that makes life easier. As for electric power tools, what do yall think would help make life easier for working on the R6?

P.S. I know not to torque shit down with a torque gun lmao

·
Registered
7 Posts
Most of everything I have is snap on, however for home stuff I'd recommend the milwaukee electric ratchet. I used it quite bit when working on my bike putting it back together. Sped the process up quite a bit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'll vote for the Milwaukee M12 tools. I've got their smaller ratchet, impact driver, hammer drill, and multi-tool. Good stuff. There just aren't many power tools you need for working on bikes, though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is the electric ratchet torque "light enough" not to overtorque the various bolts? I've always gone for the manual tools + torque wrench for bike stuff

·
Sport Bikes Attract Men
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tbh you should never use electric guns/wrenches, or air-powered torque wrenches to bolt stuff on. However, you could use it to help thread it in after you have started the bolt by hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts