Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
you guys need to make sure this is compatible with the stock unit. i bought a pair like these for my car. i wish didnt. the bulbs for some reason ran hotter. my car had daytime running lights also. this item ended up melting the wiring harness and the chrome plating in my headlight assembly started to melt and bubble. i replaced the bulbs for the stock unit, headlight assemblies and the wiring harness. never had a problem since.

as for me i like the illumination of these type of bulbs. but i will not buy a pair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone and a warning about these types of lights

I recently purchased a used 99 r6 with these bulbs and when I tool it to a local shop which happens to be owned by a mechanic from GRAVES he immediately tested my battery to see if it was slowly draining... and it was... so as he said these bulbs drain too much from the battery and it will slowly eat away at your charge he said It's better to stick to to the stock ones or put REAL HID's that would be compatible with the r6's I didn't have time to ask him what was compatible since it was in there for a quick checkup but just as a warning you might want to think twice about it....... they look pimp and all but I'd rather have the bike start on me than look cool

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No nO nono....scroll down further and you'll see the REAL HID KITS for around $300 and $400 for the Bi-Xenon (hi and lo beam). I'm waiting on a friend to get an account with them before I tell any news about discounts :mrgreen:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stoneloco808 said:
you guys need to make sure this is compatible with the stock unit. i bought a pair like these for my car. i wish didnt. the bulbs for some reason ran hotter. my car had daytime running lights also. this item ended up melting the wiring harness and the chrome plating in my headlight assembly started to melt and bubble. i replaced the bulbs for the stock unit, headlight assemblies and the wiring harness. never had a problem since.

as for me i like the illumination of these type of bulbs. but i will not buy a pair.
YES, do not buy the bulbs. The fakes are tinted to simulate the HID look but pull more wattage to compensate for the tinting making it dimmer. Buy the REAL thing! The HID KITS NOT bulbs. 2002 R6s uses H4 bulbs and 2003 R6s uses H7 bulbs. So when buying a REAL HID kit that plugs and play you need to know what bulb type you have.

·
Registered
52 Posts
yeah it tells you not to run the fake HID blue looking bulbs if you have DRL's cause for one thing the bulb won't last near as long and it draws to much wattage constantly

·
Registered
293 Posts
DarkR6 said:
No nO nono....scroll down further and you'll see the REAL HID KITS for around $300 and $400 for the Bi-Xenon (hi and lo beam). I'm waiting on a friend to get an account with them before I tell any news about discounts :mrgreen:
holy crap! 300-400 for a new headlight kit? screw that!

·
Registered
15 Posts
definitly watch the wattage because if its too high.. your harness is going to melt! :cuss not that i have done that or anything :mrgreen:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Would the HID kit melt any part of the housing or wires ?

the-new-guy said:
yeah it tells you not to run the fake HID blue looking bulbs if you have DRL's cause for one thing the bulb won't last near as long and it draws to much wattage constantly

Would the HID kit melt any part of the housing or wires ? I am thinking of getting a HID for my bike, but not sure if my bike can stand the temperature.

·
Registered
705 Posts
HID Bulbs

I bought a pair of Eurodezigns HID's...they looked awesome, but they melted real quick. I always wondered why I'd see a car/bike with one yellow bulb and one blue, but that's like my bike now. The blue melts off, and you're left with regular bulbs. Eurodezigns is replacing them for free, well $6.95 for shipping and handling, but I'm not sure if I'll put them back on. To be honest, the bike doesn't start as nice as it used to. Kinda feels like it struggles a bit...but always starts nonetheless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts