Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planing to purchase a rear and front stand before i head off to college. I was looking at graves, pitbull, and woodcraft.

For those of you out there that as a rear or front stand can you give me some pointers.?

·
Registered
173 Posts
just my 2 cents but make sure you get the front stand with the peg so you can remove the forks or adjust them or whatever, I did'nt and I regeret it. I had to go and buy another front

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
loki1313 said:
i got some from handyindustries.com , they work absolutly great. especially for 120 bucks
kickass stands and good customer service. they called right after I ordered and then once I got them to make sure I had the right ones.

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
Redline stands seem to be another good option. As far as price, they seem to have the lowest prices around for a decent stand. I've read reviews of their stands on other forums and people seem rather satisfied. Just thought I'd mention those as another option in the neverending decision of who to buy your stands from. When I get my stands in a few months, I'll probably go with either Pitbull or Redline.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
I have the good ole GYT-R rear stand and the quality is excellent. I buy all my stuff from the dealer where I bought the bike. He gives me a good deal on parts since I purchased the bike from them.

Gave ~250 for rear stand, Intuitive Frame sliders and Swingarm sliders.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Handyindustries also makes a nice headstock stand for $99

Also another great deal.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Can you practice Shifting gears with your bike on the stand?? (new to this )

·
I ride her hard!!!
195 Posts
which one first??

Since, we're on the topic of front and rear stands. When using both stands, which one do you use first? The front or the rear?

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
I use the rear one first, it feels more stable. I'm paranoid that the forks will wobble out if they're up first.

·
Registered
58 Posts
krom said:
I use the rear one first, it feels more stable. I'm paranoid that the forks will wobble out if they're up first.
so it is possible to use the stands just to get the hang of the shifting ??

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
Nynexx said:
so it is possible to use the stands just to get the hang of the shifting ??
You could, but I'd recommend the MSF course and then just cruising around really slow at first.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i don't want to sound like a preacher or anything but listen to these guys, i just got done with the MSF last weekend, and i am going to reccomend it to every new rider also. As far as the practice on the stands i myself wouldn't do it because i would be so afraid of my baby falling down.
Take the MSF, get used to riding, buy a R6 and have loads and loads of fun on it...

Just my $.02

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yea, the MSF course is priceless.... It's not so much the fact they teach you the shit you can read off the internet... they strictly watch you PRACTICE it until its almost 2nd nature.. That is the most important aspect to the course I found.

You can read all you want about emergency manuevers all you want, but without practicing them for a few hours or whatnot, you don't really develop the skill enough to use it incase one should pop up on ya...

Plus, the environment is very comfortable... you have a bunch of people who also love bikes, learning with you.... The instructors are awesome and humorous... ie "Watch out for Gramma's Buick backing out over there! She can't see you!!"
:hammer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts