Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 R6 Track only.
I use my track bike a lot , on average twice a month.
So I am going through tyres and or flipping the rear on a regular basis.
I am getting annoyed at the floating rear calliper and my lack of three arms.
Yes I know how to wedge my foot underneath to hold it but I'm still over it.

I read somewhere once that there is a solution to this by securing it in situ
Does anyone have this set up or have a link to where and how I can do this.
Cheers

·
Reads the rulez
2,252 Posts

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Dangerously Irish
9,551 Posts
I just use a small screw driver to hold the rear brake in place lol.

·
Motosylum Racing #132
910 Posts
I'll 2nd the Fast Frank stuff.
If you simply want to keep the caliper mount stationary then you can just get a piece of PVC pipe that is nearly the same diameter and cut it to the proper length (cost a buck and is what I did for ever on past bikes) or go silly and grab an old axle and cut it to length.
I'm considering just putting a short weld on mine over the winter. If I screw up then I but FF. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the ideas.
Really appreciate it.
This will help me get over my surf trip too Indonesia that has just been cancelled due to the volcano closing the airport :rocket
Think ill book another track day as well :D

I have a mate who is a machinist a six pack of bribe and Ill
have one.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'll chime in on the ff captive caliper bracket. It's fantastic and is what they all should have stock. I have an 08 with it and a 06 without and I hate change the 06 bikes rear wheel. The captive bracket is simple. Bevel the rear pads, and you've got yourself a wheel change in half the speed and less screwing around and you can save the swear words for later use. Also get yourself captive spacers too. Those two things paired are a fantastic upgrade.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this captive rear caliper thing would be the answer to your prayers..

flipping the adjusters to the opposite sides of the swing arm, and pushing the axle from the right side, will make it somewhat easier and is free.

the axle helper thing is somewhat helpful too, but i would just flip the axle or get the Fast Frank captive thing.
Ah thanks MELK-MAN aka Yam brains trust , flipping the adjusters is brilliant , that would of saved me a slab of beer for my mate that just made me the tool suggested earlier in the thread .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts