Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well... after waiting 4 years since my last bike was stolen, i've jumped back into the sportbike world with a 2006 r6, with all the "standard" aftermarket mods that people do. however, the one thing that i would like to do, is to take off the rear footpegs, as well as add the rear seat cowl (that part's easy enough).

my question is, is there a kit for an updated tail section that doesn't include spots for those pesky footpegs to come through, or is this going to be one of those "one-offs" that i'm trying to stay away from? i've attached a pic of the the bike so you see what i'm looking to do (and to show off just a bit) :)

and yes, i understand that by removing them, i'll FOR SURE be a solo rider. this is one of the reason i bought it, and have already told the wife that time on the bike is MY TIME. :) like a hobby that doesn't include drinking beer (at least not now that i'm older and a smidge smarter).

thanks y'all!

JP

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
i did some mesh on the inside of it and painted it black, it actually looks pretty good, kinda like an air vent almost. that way if i ever have to take someone, i can jus pull the mesh out and put the pegs on real quick. dont know if that interests you at all, just figured id throw it out there. good luck with whatever you do!!

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
you'll have to get some passenger peg hole covers. For some reason, they don't sell em in the US. There's a group buy going down somewhere on here. I'll see if I can find it for you.

And welcome to the forum

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
i don't have the answer for you, but congrats on getting a new bike!!!!!

i might go your route and take mine off too, my wife doesn't like ridding on the back of my sportbikes anyway.

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
i just used some foam and painted it black. works great and is very cheap. the flash from the camera makes them look a lot lighter then they actually are but at least it gives you an idea of what it looks like.
Thats s really good idea, i like that. im guessing you cut them to fit the peghole?? How are they secured? Let us know. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts