Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
i'm down for a set but i want brake/ blinker and running. red is fine. when you get that figured out i'll send you cash. thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
i finished the mod yesterday afternoon,

it looks very nice, led's are bright and can be seen during the day and at night.

just from riding today, ive had quite a few compliments and a couple of "Damn dude...that is sick!!"

:)

thats for the help guys!

i'll post some pics soon.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i'll post some pics this afternoon. i even have a little video clip from my camera of the lights in action.

·
Registered
51 Posts
yoda i am very interested!, if i send you my pegs, u can install red led's on them? im down for that pls email me at [email protected] for the details.

btw is there instructions on wiring them back up and will u add the resistors for the blink rate? i would like to have a switch to just have them turn on and have them turn off personally, if that can be done.

pls hit me back

trav

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I will answer ya here, so everyone can see...

First of all, if you want a switch on them , you would just install a switch inline on the circuit.

Are you going to have your stock blinkers on the line as well? If so, you won't need the resister to slow the blink rate, if not, then you will. If you need it, I can see about going and pickin some up, I haven't done that yet, but I can. If you need them, add $10 to the cost. Other places charge $20, building them yourself is of course ceapest.

if you are doing them like me, and have a taillight integrator, as well as the LEDs...well, you are just stuck with whatever blink rate that gives you! haha I haven't found a way to slow it down yet :)

Yes, I will give you instructions how to hook it up to your system, you have to be sure to tell me what year, and what setup you will have when complete. Stock blinkers, other LED blinkers, taillight integrator...taht kind of stuff.

·
Registered
51 Posts
well i have an 02 and its completely stock when it comes to the lighting, i want add greggs flush blinkers and ur led's and i want to add a led system to light up the whole bike also heh, but yeah i want the peg led's to be on all the time maybe along with the headlights, but i will add that circuit switch to turn them off or on if i want =].

does that work?

·
Registered
51 Posts
i will email u the information and such when i send the pegs too you, i should have them by weds. but something might come up, so dont write me down yet =] thx man

·
Registered
311 Posts
One way to wire it up for the brake lights to come on brighter is when u have the wired set up the resistor on the leds to be ready for say a 20V system then have a lead coming off the brake lights be set up to 14 volts ...

v=ir
bigger resistor keeps brightness down, smaller makes it brighter

·
Registered
311 Posts
yoda said:
I will answer ya here, so everyone can see...

First of all, if you want a switch on them , you would just install a switch inline on the circuit.

Are you going to have your stock blinkers on the line as well? If so, you won't need the resister to slow the blink rate, if not, then you will. If you need it, I can see about going and pickin some up, I haven't done that yet, but I can. If you need them, add $10 to the cost. Other places charge $20, building them yourself is of course ceapest.

if you are doing them like me, and have a taillight integrator, as well as the LEDs...well, you are just stuck with whatever blink rate that gives you! haha I haven't found a way to slow it down yet :)

Yes, I will give you instructions how to hook it up to your system, you have to be sure to tell me what year, and what setup you will have when complete. Stock blinkers, other LED blinkers, taillight integrator...taht kind of stuff.
flasher relay man... i have the custom led board and a el12 variable load flasher relay to replace the stock one, normal blinking rate = good

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
Yoda, I'm down with a set of amber led's to blink with my turnsignals only. I have the CA LED taillight integrator kit already. Let me know when you have them available, and I'll ship you my pegs. Thanks man.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i want a set still , i have an 04 and have led blinkers in the front. i want to eliminate the rear blinkers and use the pegs as signals. i also want them to be on when the bike is on. email me and i will get your info for shipping. [email protected]

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Just an update:
yesterday, I decided to rip mine apart and do it all over with the NEW LEDs i got in. WOW, they are much brighter, and the 45* viewing angle is great!

I also messed with some different resistors and finally did get the right one to slow your blink rate with taillight integrators. I rewired mine to clean it up some as well.

I took a bunch of pics and such, will upload and get a write up one of these days! haha Just FYI, I won't give away "all" my secrets on this tho...

·
Registered
587 Posts
hey yoda that is sweet. I just bought 60 leds off ebay and am looking for ways to get them on. I put some in the fairing in front to flash with the turnsignals, but that would be sweet looking too!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm probably going to get rid of my passenger footpegs, but I think your idea is great. Here's another idea for you. Maybe for the guys that just want them for extra brake lights, set up a strobe for the LED's to help bring attention to the fact the guy is stopping. I don't know if that's possible or not, but I would imagine that it is.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yoda, please e-mail me with address and details on the lights. i want to get rid of my rear blinkers and replace them with the led's. i want the led's to do the same functions as well as brake light. let me know if this is doable and the cost. oh ya i have led front blinkers already.

21 - 40 of 194 Posts