Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I'm looking around for rear sets that are the SAME COLOR gold as the forks. I have an '08 Raven. As nice as Vortex and Gilles are, my issue is the gold isn't the same color gold as the forks. I've put accents in the fork color gold on my bike, but looking to match the color exactly.

Any help?

Do you all think it'll be too much gold? My other option is just going with black Vortex. I have gold pitbull spools coming tomorrow, so I really don't wanna go crazy.

Here is a pic of my bike with the gold accents I'm trying to match:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks real nice man... i think you're on the money though... some gold rear sets would make the gold theme POP. Definately needs to be the matching gold though. If you're only looking to go aftermarket because of color and not the performance aspect you could always put the money into having your stock'ers anodized...

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
gold is over played, just get black ones and get it over with.

Anodizing colors vary from batch to batch and its very difficult to match it to the forks. Guess you havent been here long enough on the forum, but dont bring up the topic of matching gold of the forks :secret

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks real nice man... i think you're on the money though... some gold rear sets would make the gold theme POP. Definately needs to be the matching gold though. If you're only looking to go aftermarket because of color and not the performance aspect you could always put the money into having your stock'ers anodized...
Thanks man I appreciate it. Not sure what you mean by anodized. Coated?

In 2 weeks I'm getting Galfer brake lines (in yellow), so I may just sit on this a few weeks until I get that to see. I just don't want to over do it.

I saw a dude on this forum I believe who put gold accents on EVERYTHING!!! Oil tank caps, gas cap, bolts on the fairings, levers, chain, etc....the sh-t was like Mr T on crack!!!

Just not 100%....

I did see Sato rear sets in the true gold color...but those bad boys are $620...OUCH!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
gold is over played, just get black ones and get it over with.

Anodizing colors vary from batch to batch and its very difficult to match it to the forks. Guess you havent been here long enough on the forum, but dont bring up the topic of matching gold of the forks :secret
Its at least a possible hit... where as the other ones he knows are a miss. Anodizing can be tricky... i've had some stuff come out like crap... but i also had a single item re-done and replaced on another one of my toys (snowmobile) and it matched damn near perfect. Guess its a hat toss?

Thanks for the heads up... :bow

·
Registered
61 Posts
I know Gilles's gold. Our gold was specially formulated to be as close as possible to the Ohlins gold. I am the Southern African Ohlins distributor and I wanted our gold rear sets to match the forks. If you look at the pic I posted you will see its a very good match. Regards Dave:toocool:

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
yeah, cuz people worry about what color your fcukin rearsets are at 100mph... Better make extra sure they match those forks, you'll get extra brownie points from all the nobody's that dont give a fcuk or know any better anyway. Besides, real riders will be looking at your tires, not your stupid rearsets.... and no, the Gilles gold does not match, trust me, I have them.

·
I intend to live forever.
302 Posts
yeah, cuz people worry about what color your fcukin rearsets are at 100mph... Better make extra sure they match those forks, you'll get extra brownie points from all the nobody's that dont give a fcuk or know any better anyway. Besides, real riders will be looking at your tires, not your stupid rearsets.... and no, the Gilles gold does not match, trust me, I have them.
You're doggin him because he wants gold rear-sets, when you have them as well? Ok...

Such a shame he would want them to match up with the rest of the gold on the bike.

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Dude....are you ok? hahaha...Sounds like you just came home and caught your wife f-ckin' the mail man...relax dude!

I like my bike to look good, sorry. I'm not just worried about performance. I'd rather ride and look pretty, then speed and f-ck my bike up haha.

Thanks on the heads up with the Gilles though!!! The pics look pretty damn close. I might have to check a pair in person.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Dude....are you ok? hahaha...Sounds like you just came home and caught your wife with the mail man...relax dude!

I like my bike to look good, sorry. I'm not just worried about performance. I'd rather ride and look pretty, then speed and f-ck my bike up haha.

Thanks on the heads up with the Gilles though!!! The pics look pretty damn close. I might have to check a pair in person.
We have a mail woman, and if I came home to my wife in bed with her, Id bust out the video camera because she's decent for sure.

I guess I just dont have a lot of respect for all the guys out there who buy a bike to look cool and parking lot pimp "yeah baby, I gots a bike....wanna ride" knowing full well that they can barely keep the thing on the road, let alone survive some actual serious riding. Its these same all show no go guys that end up crashing their 6 month old bikes and raising my insurance premiums...then they post the proverbial "so I went down" thread.... Anyways, its your money, do what you like. You do know that you can always get things re-anodized to the color you want though, right?

I have two sets of gilles in gold on two different bikes and I have spent a good amount of time in my life matching shades and colors. The DO NOT match, not even close.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
I guess I just dont have a lot of respect for all the guys out there who buy a bike to look cool and parking lot pimp "yeah baby, I gots a bike....wanna ride" knowing full well that they can barely keep the thing on the road, let alone survive some actual serious riding. Its these same all show no go guys that end up crashing their 6 month old bikes and raising my insurance premiums...then they post the proverbial "so I went down" thread.... Anyways, its your money, do what you like. You do know that you can always get things re-anodized to the color you want though, right?
I was there at one point, but since hitting the track the only thing that matters is going faster and doing more TD's. It's actually a nice relief to stop caring how your bike looks. When I first got it I think I waxed it more than I rode it. :lmao

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I was there at one point, but since hitting the track the only thing that matters is going faster and doing more TD's. It's actually a nice relief to stop caring how your bike looks. When I first got it I think I waxed it more than I rode it. :lmao
:werd I used to be able to tell you where every imperfection was.... Now I wouldnt know where to start or care enough to look.... Speed changes your perspective, both literally and figuratively. I dont mind buying used parts with a ding here and there. Please, take the initial depreication and make me a deal.... Makes my money go farther and helps me afford TRACK DAYS!!!!! Best money you can spend on your bike, hands down.

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:werd I used to be able to tell you where every imperfection was.... Now I wouldnt know where to start or care enough to look.... Speed changes your perspective, both literally and figuratively. I dont mind buying used parts with a ding here and there. Please, take the initial depreication and make me a deal.... Makes my money go farther and helps me afford TRACK DAYS!!!!! Best money you can spend on your bike, hands down.
I hear where you guys are coming from....and I totally get it, but still...I like my sh-t looking good!! When I leave to go to work and dress up to go out...I'm the same way. Just a perfectionist!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts