Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys just looking for a little feedback on this. I noticed a little poping on the rear today through the left foot peg, looked back and could see the rear sprocket slightly wobbling while riding. So I stop the bike inspect the situation and it looks like the hub wasn't seated evenly. Think those rubber pads in the rear just finally wore out from old age and weathering? Because the hub and the sprocket themselves seem straight, they lay flat on a table. I already checked the rear alignment so thats good.

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
What's the question? You want us to confirm you need pads??? Does everything seat up evenly now? Just wondering. Any pics? How have you been?

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What's the question? You want us to confirm you need pads??? Does everything seat up evenly now? Just wondering. Any pics? How have you been?
Yea just conformation on needing new rubber pads(the 6 behind the sprocket hub) or if I should be looking for some other problem. Give me a minute I'll go snap a few pics and post them up. I've been alright besides my bike getting stolen the other day but atleast I got it back! Hope everything has been going good with you. You been tearing it up a bunch lately?

And I don't want to hear how dirt my chain and stuff is. That's what it looks like after one week of riding in 30-60 MPH cross winds in an area with nothing but dust. I've been having to drive in that crap atleast 50 miles each day for the past week, not gonna lie it kinda sucks. But gas is hella expensive right now so.....

Attachments

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How many miles on your bike?
almost 29,000. I pulled the wheel earlier and I couldn't really tell how bad they were wore but everything else seemed straight. Just wanted to make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree. Thanks guys. get these swapped out and get that chain cleaned and lubed.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My guess is you left out the spacer on the axle. When it's missing, your cush-drive binds on the wheel. If you pull it apart, check your bearings closely.

-D
Hmm i'll have to look at that when I get a chance later on. What spacer are you talking about. If you could look at the parts fiche and give me a part number that would be great. I'll figure it out just like to know before hand if at all possible.

·
SHIFT!!
100 Posts
Maybe your rear axle nut came loose and the whole wheel is wobbling. Happened to me...ran from a cop at a 180+ with a loose wheel....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts