Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im buying a 520 chain and sprocket for my 01 r6 and i dont know whether or not to get a 50 or 51 rear. Anyone have any suggestions. BTW i am buying a 15 front.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
you really cant go wrong either of them. for me i went with the 50 tooth rear. i seriously doubt you could tell the difference 1 tooth.

·
Registered
586 Posts
stoneloco808 said:
you really cant go wrong either of them. for me i went with the 50 tooth rear. i seriously doubt you could tell the difference 1 tooth.
Ditto for me.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I did the whole 520 conversion at the same time so I'm not sure if you can tell going just +1 in the rear. just doing the math in my head I'd say it would be about 1/5th the difference of going -1 front +2 rear. But then you figure in the "520 vs 532" factor and it's even less of a difference. If your gonna drop the cash for a new rear, save a little longer and do the whole conversion. But that's just my 2/100ths of a dollar.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yes, I was planning on the 520 conversion with +1 or +2 in the rear, don't want to go too extreme.

·
Registered
586 Posts
If you're wanting gains but not too extreme I'd first spend my money on a Flo-commander. Wakes the engine up, gets rid of the boggy spot and increases ridablilty IMO. But once again thats just me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Dan said:
I am dropping my bike off in an hour to have my new sprockets and chain put on 14/53 530 x-ring.

WOW! "Sky is the limit!" I take it you really like wheelies?

I just did 15-50 520 conv. I LOVE it! I feel it's the best thing I could ever do to it already.

·
Registered
59 Posts
we are just gonna have to see how fast your bike is now, aren't we. See if you can keep up with the '05....haha THIS RAIN SUX MAN!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts