Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got some free genuine yamaha black aluminum spools from my bud at the stealership. are the yamaha spools compatible with the t-rex stand? thanks :dunce:

·
WATCHOUT...I'll be back
447 Posts
I am thinking it would. If it has the V shape cut out on the rear stand and the t-rex is made for spool, then your good to go. I have the pitbull rear stand and most of my friends use it when working on there bike at my house. So you should have no problem.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the yamaha spools look like this.

my t-rex stand looks like this.

just wondering if the bike is gonna slide around while workin on it? thanks

·
WATCHOUT...I'll be back
447 Posts
Yeah, that will work just fine. I use to have spools like that, but they were not yamaha brand and work great. Now I have woodcraft spool slider type and all I had to do is adjust the stand a little wider. And it looks like you can do the same with that t-rex. Just make sure to put a little blue loc-tite glue on you spool so it doesn't come loose itself.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
yeah, they'll work great

·
Forum Moderator
3,117 Posts
What ever you do put a few drops of the blue loctite on them when you install them. I had the same spools and ended up loosing one at Deal's Gap.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
you might have to "modify" that rear "fork" if you ever need to access your axle. i know me and gp1300r both have the yami spools, and the stand he has started with two equal sized "forks" that made getting the axle off/out impossible. it's an easy fix, though, should you run into this problem.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
+1 maybe you can post up the pic to show them.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts

just a grinder... and then a hand file (i didn't get around to touch-up paint by "photoshoot time" but you get the idea. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts