Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

One of the rear turn signals from my fender eliminator kit has been working on and off due to wiring issue and the current wiring setup is kind of a mess. I would like to rewire the rear turn signals again and need some new wires, any idea what size/gauge wires I need to get?

Thanks,
Tang,

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Might be able to lookup the part on ronayers.com: Online Shopping Motorsports Parts and just buy a used harness off the net.

If that turns out not to be an option, take a small section of wire to the autoparts store and match it up. They will have automotive grade wire. Other alternative is any hardware store but then you'll have a much larger selection of wire; much of which won't be optimal for an automotive environment.

Anyway, it's likely to be 16 or 18 gauge wire. The wire runs are relatively short so wire gauge is not a big, big factor unless are using something that is just stupidly tiny.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be able to lookup the part on ronayers.com: Online Shopping Motorsports Parts and just buy a used harness off the net.

If that turns out not to be an option, take a small section of wire to the autoparts store and match it up. They will have automotive grade wire. Other alternative is any hardware store but then you'll have a much larger selection of wire; much of which won't be optimal for an automotive environment.

Anyway, it's likely to be 16 or 18 gauge wire. The wire runs are relatively short so wire gauge is not a big, big factor unless are using something that is just stupidly tiny.
Thank you so much for your advise. I try not to cut a section of the wire because I don't have much left, but I guess that's what I'll have to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts