Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
162 mph so far....
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just had a PCIII custom map made. My 05 R6 has a Pipercross competition air filter, Powertech exhaust can and the air induction removed.

I ended up with 111 BHP at the rear wheel at 12,750 RPM. Approx what would that equate to at the engine?

·
162 mph so far....
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the guy said they normally get about 105 rear wheel BHP from the 05s with different cans and air filters. He said mine was the best he'd seen..... cool.

·
sha shaaa...!
2,383 Posts
Those are crzy numbers! Damn....
just had mine done on my 04 and topped out at 99.2

I have PCIII, Uni filter, Yoshi Header, LevelOneRacing race slip, Graves Blockoffs, AIS totally removed....and i still got 99.2

Now, did the 05 get a major engine overhaul and just puts out more stock HP than the 04?

I just get kinda flustered when i see the variations in numbers when i see similar setups such as mine... any comments or advice on why this is?

Numbers differ from dyno to dyno??

Thx

·
162 mph so far....
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't forget the 05 does have the 3mm bigger intakes, different injectors and a remapped ECU (and maybe other changes). Perhaps that helps when wringing the last few HP out it.

While it was on the dyno I was talking with the owner and he says they have the dyno regularly calibrated. They also prepare a lot of race winning bikes and the guy who mapped it is really well respected amongst the racers for doing a good job.

From my days tuning cars on rolling roads I was always surprised how identical engines could produce different horse power figures. Maybe I'm just lucky with mine and it was built on a Monday....

·
sha shaaa...!
2,383 Posts
Don't forget the 05 does have the 3mm bigger intakes, different injectors and a remapped ECU (and maybe other changes). Perhaps that helps when wringing the last few HP out it.

While it was on the dyno I was talking with the owner and he says they have the dyno regularly calibrated. They also prepare a lot of race winning bikes and the guy who mapped it is really well respected amongst the racers for doing a good job.

From my days tuning cars on rolling roads I was always surprised how identical engines could produce different horse power figures. Maybe I'm just lucky with mine and it was built on a Monday....

Yeah, i knew that the 05 had a better engine than the 03-04...
Just didnt know it was THAT much more. I have to say tho that i was totally stoked with the results. My bike runs like its new, surging forward and really putting down more throttle response in the lower RPMs.

That makes sense. Plus, Boise doesnt have much for a bike scene, so choices for a certified Dyno tech are limited.

Good to see you pulling those numbers tho!

After i got this done, i was like "Finally, i know my bikes engine running to its optimum level" and am really able to focus on the rest and more important stuff....Track time,Tires,Suspension....

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Yeah, those are definitely some good numbers man...

I've got filter, LOR, flared velocity stacks, pc3, custom map and i put down 99.74

I'm gonna pick up a new filter as well as get a remap when i move to colorado because of the elevation, so no clue what i'll put down.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Heres my graph

Was definitely less than i was hoping to get so i've been wanting to go back to a dyno and see if i got some different numbers...

·
sha shaaa...!
2,383 Posts
haha, i was makin food!!
:lmao

I saw you that you were viewing the thread and i know me and your bikes are pretty similar sooooo i was like.....cmon owen.....cmon.... :lmao

mmm...chimichangas....

Yeah, The OP actually is putting up some real good numbers. i would like to see what other 03-04 R6's are putting up on the dyno.....Fishin for a link here...

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Yeah man, the numbers he put down are what i was expecting from mine...

i'm gonna put in a new filter (bmc race) and get a remap (dont wanna throw down another 200 damnit) and see what happens but damn...

the thing that makes me wonder about my numbers are when i was on the dyno, we had to put a block of wood into the front chock so my tire would hit the dyno wheel. So i was sittin way low on the wheel instead of on top of it.

·
sha shaaa...!
2,383 Posts
yo yo. Heres mine...And yes, i was expecting numbers like the OP as well. But then kinda remembered the engine differences...And the fact that the OP stated his Custom Map was done by a respected dyno technician that works on race bikes. +1 to that chit.

EDIT***Image Resize

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
I like how smooth your af ratio is compared to mine...

yeah, this thread has definitely inspired me to go get a retune as well as a new filter

·
sha shaaa...!
2,383 Posts
Heres my graph

Was definitely less than i was hoping to get so i've been wanting to go back to a dyno and see if i got some different numbers...
Nice! but your Air/Fuel Ratio looks kinda off bud...

I would love to have my bike tuned by real professional. But, im happy with what i got outta of it.

To the OP, you going to post up yer dyno results too? we need proof! ;)

·
sha shaaa...!
2,383 Posts
I like how smooth your af ratio is compared to mine...

yeah, this thread has definitely inspired me to go get a retune as well as a new filter
Yeah, i was stoked on how smooth it was too...

I think in your case, you could really benefit from a re-tune! Especially if you found a well known and respected Dyno technician to do the tune and get that air filter.

Couple little tidbits i did to my bike before the tune was a Mobil-1 Full synthetic oil change and NGK Iridium spark plugs were installed.

Glad to hear that we got the gears turnin in your head again Owen! :toocool:

·
ONLY R6!
230 Posts
ya ya #'s dont mean shit without fork seals brandon! get em done so we can go to wsbk at miller!!!! :)

·
sha shaaa...!
2,383 Posts
ya ya #'s dont mean shit without fork seals brandon! get em done so we can go to wsbk at miller!!!! :)
Getting the forks serviced next week @ JC powersports and Lee is going to set my suspension up for my weight at the same time too.

BTW---I just got it all setup with Jimmy at JC...Lee wasnt in when i called and Jimmy was more than helpful on helping narrow down a good deal on a set of 2cts for 283 mounted

all in due time my friend....in due time..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts