Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im interested into purchasing a rear stand, and i came up with a problem...what is a swing arm spool? Is all rear stand universal?

I was looking at Graves, WoodCraft.

Can someone that has a rearstand guide me in the right direction of what to get and what not to ge, and what to watch out for.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
i hope this is what you are talking about a center stand. i call it a rear stand.

these are the spools. the blue things in the pic. its where the stand holds up the bike.

i got these pics from http://www.pit-bull.com/. i have a pair of these stands. i have no complaints. i sure the other brands are good too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
For the super ghetto version you can just put bolts in there that stick out enough to act like spools. Then just take them out when you're done.

-or-

Buy a rear stand that works with L-shaped pads that hold on to your swingarm. That's what I use and it works just fine.

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
motofabio said:
Buy a rear stand that works with L-shaped pads that hold on to your swingarm. That's what I use and it works just fine.
Me too, Handy Industries makes an inexpensive one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
HOW CAN YOU PUT UR BIKE ON A STAND BY YOURSELF? i find it difficult alone. u guys have any tips?? i always call people to hold the bike upright.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
before i used to place a small 2x4 under the kickstand. the bike should be almost straight up, but still leaning on the stand. then just line up your rear stand and lift. now days i just hold the bike straight up from the passenger seat and at the same time line up the rear stand and lift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts