Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a new rec bet time for a stock bottom end 600cc motor at my local track. and a best time ive made so far. hopping to make a better time this Friday. going to change my tune install my quick shift kit and jet up my nitrous. my time was 9.44 @ 141MPH in the 1/4 mile. and 6.0 @117 in the 1/8 my goal in getting down to 9 flat or into the 8s. I put it in the low 9s with no prob when every one said I couldn't with a 600 an I proved them wrong. so now I want a better time so I can prove all the 600 haters wrong and shut them up for once.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. pc3 I do all my own custom tuning. 6'' ext 2'' front and rear drop. down 1 tooth on front up 2 teeth on rear sprocket with the 520 conversion chain. full exhaust system. smog pump block offs. ported head cams. race clutches. k&n air filter velocity stacks. nitrous. e3 spark plugs. adding bigger jets for the nitrous a quick shifter with an auto air shifter set up this week to try to bet my time lower. and changing to another shinko hookup tire. the stealth wont hold the power it spins on the line and when you hit the nitrous no matter how much you heat up the tire..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks I set out to prove all that 600cc haters wrong. I love my r6 I wouldn't trade or sell it for anything.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys it took a lot of work to get it where its at now. going to try to make a 9 flat pass this season. quick shift and new pc5 to come. along with a little bigger nitrous jets.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
thanks guys it took a lot of work to get it where its at now. going to try to make a 9 flat pass this season. quick shift and new pc5 to come. along with a little bigger nitrous jets.
What kit are you using? Just curious because I'll be in the market for one soon if a full superbike motor doesnt produce an 8. We want an 8.90 pass.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dyno tune nitrous system with the dyno tune black widow direct port spray bar. last year I used a fogger but I upgraded to a new direct port set up. im shooting for 9 flat or 8s this season.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
dyno tune nitrous system with the dyno tune black widow direct port spray bar. last year I used a fogger but I upgraded to a new direct port set up. im shooting for 9 flat or 8s this season.
Where did you get it? I was looking at the nitrous express moto4 kit with their progressive controller and only fogging a 40 shot. Ive got a full big bore motor being built right now. We wanna see how close we can get on motor, then throw the spray at it if we dont make the 8s.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes, but it is now dropped 4'' front and rear. I slid the fork tubes up in the front to lower it. im not a big fan of straps. I don't have a single prob off the line with how mine is set up and I leave on the bottle a lot of times.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hell yea 8s will be bad ass. people don't thing the r6 is capable of 9s because its a 600 ive busted a lot of 1000cc bikes asses. and a busa. I got the nitrous kit directly from dyno tune.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it has takin a lot of work to get to where I am now and getting the bike ready. I am one of the best riders at the drag strip where I race at. ive rented the track out for a week one time to just practice. im proud of my 600 everyone said that it couldn't be done and ive proved them all wrong and I take the bigger bikes out on top of that. and im almost in the 8s. I should be 9 flat or 8s this year. ive added some new parts and did all my retuning and it is a beast. it feels stronger than it ever has.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts