Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine rides a 92 Nighthawk 750, I wrench on it to keep him on the road. Last time he was.over I checked the tire pressures, thought my gauge was broken only 3psi wtf so i got out the hose and had it up to 20 and noticed the stem leaking... then he told me the bike had been acting squirrely.. hmmm yes.

Got the tire back on today and test rode it omg what a nice fun and smooth and quiet bike! I love the grab-your-shit and dance with death R6, but that Nighthawk is such a calm ride- the inline 4 is there in a mildly strong kind of way.. posture is upright and gentle. And the mirrors, oh the glorious mirrors 😁

I wouldnt trade the R6 suspension and brakes, and sure as heck would not play on the highway with the Nighthawk, but it'd be great on a backroad ramble.

·
Registered
2008 Yellow Flame R6R
26 Posts
I know how you feel bro. My first starter bike was a 1983 Honda Nighthawk 550cc back in 2010. It taught me a lot how to wrench on bikes and balance the weight of a Japanese sport bike. At the time it was a little to much for me. With that visceral sound of the Japanese inline 4 and a 12 sec. quarter mile it was ahead of it’s time. With all that said I would go back to the country roads for long touring with the Nighthawk, no questions asked. But it prepared for the violent volcanic eruption of my R6 now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts