Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a tank bag, i would prefer it to match the colours of my bike and be not too big. I've got the new 08 in red/white.

Thanks in advance.

·
I Ride Yamamaha R6
113 Posts
I was just about to start a new thread for this same topic.
I like the Icon bag but it doesn't look like it would fit very good. Does anyone have detailed pics of how it fits on the tank? Can you remove the backpack straps?
Anyone one have pics of other brands?
Thanks

·
The Patient
340 Posts
I was just about to start a new thread for this same topic.
I like the Icon bag but it doesn't look like it would fit very good. Does anyone have detailed pics of how it fits on the tank? Can you remove the backpack straps?
Anyone one have pics of other brands?
Thanks
The straps are permanently fixed on the bag but can be stowed away easily. Just unhook at the bottom and stuff it in its pouch up top and zip close. It's a great bag and I love mine. The only downfall for a bag that costs that much is the hoops that the straps hook on to are made of thin plastic. Wish they could've made it out of thin metal instead or maybe thicker plastic. Great bag none the less. I commute 40 mins to work so it's great be able to lay on top of it while riding, sort of like having a pillow.

If you don't plan on carrying much stuff when ridind then I would suggest the Joe Rocket manta bag. It's small enough that you can barely notice it. Maybe even the other bag that icon makes. Way smaller than the Urban bag. Hope this helps.

·
I Ride Yamamaha R6
113 Posts
I'd would always be having to check and make sure the tail bag was still there, I don't think I'd ever get comfortable with that on the back.

R6Pnoy, thanks for the review on the big Icon bag. I would probably cut those straps off and then that cheap clip would not be an issue. I do only need a smaller bag and would like one that is more rectangle or square shaped over one like the Icon bag which is more backback shaped.(isn't it?)

So I take it no one has any pics of a tank bag on thier bike to post here?

·
The Patient
340 Posts
Here's my bag on mine. The bag itself holds its form incredibly well even when empty.
Note: the bag is empty, this is how it would look like if it were on the bike. I try to minimize the contents as much as possible. But with my stuff in there it's still pretty comfortable to ride with.

If you want to check other places for tank bags, I would suggest you check these places out:

www.chaparralmotorsports.com

www.motosport.com

www.jpcycles.com

Good luck with the search.

·
I Ride Yamamaha R6
113 Posts
Nice bag is that the Icon Urban that carries your hemlet underneath when your off the bike? Thanks for the links. A local bike shop is going to let me try an Icon primer bag on for size tomorrow, but I think I'm leaning towards a different one.

·
The Patient
340 Posts
Yeah this is the urban bag with the helmet carrier. I prefer not to use it nor do I recommend using it. Reason being is you have to put the helmet upside down for 1, and 2 there's a protective flap that serves 2 purposes. Protects your tank from scratches and covers half of your helmet when you carry it on the bag. The other half of your helmet would be exposed and could get damaged easily if you were walking around the mall or anywhere busy. And plus the straps that keep your lid in place are not padded so your lid can get scuffed up as well. Overall though I love it for what it's worth. Yeah definitely try on as many bags as you can until you find one you're really comfortable with. One thing I learned when buying bike stuff is never settle with what's there. Always insist on what you want.

·
The Patient
340 Posts
That's a pretty decent price for the size of it. Like I said before, just know what you're gonna use the bag for like weekend or quick trips. Maybe even commuting. I work at the airport so I pretty much need a good size bag for my lunch and work clothes and what not. But if that works for you then go for it. Seeing the size of the water bottle it looks like you can put a number of things that you need. Looks good so far. Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for if it doesn't work for you.:toocool:

·
Banned
347 Posts
i have the icon urban bag and love it!! just fyi, if you do get the bag, try to check the magnetic pads every so often, my friend also has the bag and he warned me that sometimes little pieces of metal or rocks with metal in them get stuck on the magnets and scratch ur tank... but i guess this goes for any tank bag

·
Registered
20 Posts
Already bought a 30L Kriega, but the passenger seat on my 2017 doesn't have the loops like I thought it would. Dangit! Now I'm going to have to rig up some janky looking strap setup.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts