Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
flicks & clutch ups
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys. first let me post a great video i found.
06/07 fork work

i have a leaking fork seal. it's bad. im going to fix it soon and i need the tools. vice, fork oil level tool, fork spring compressor. anything im missing?

wondering what you guys think is the best forkspring compressor or maybe which ones to avoid or best for the money. whatever you guys have to say about tools needed for working on forks. same for a vice and oil level tool. i try to and have done all the work myself on my bike so i dont mind spending a little extra to have tools that make the work easier/faster.

i also only have a rear spool stand. what else am i going to need for keeping the bike up without a front end?

thanks

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
honestly you should send it out. the fork spring compressor is still a 2 man operation. and you should use a fork seal driver. i've tried to do it without one in the past and it just seemed to **** up the seals without one. bit the bullet and bought one from motion pro along with their fork seal bullet. it's a plastic cap that protects the seal as you slip it over the tube. and an absolute must is seal grease. race tech makes some. it's only about $5.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm getting ready to do the seals on my 07. I found the same video and it's great. Dave Moss knows what he's doing. Did you end up doing the service yourself? How did it go and what compressor and rod holder did you use?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts