Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like tittle says. anyone know how to or could help me recover data? i've tried all i could and can't get the hard drive to open/read. i've already tried to slave method where you hook it up to another computer but can't get it to read/open. stupid windows! i have a mp3 collection of over 5000 songs and a few years of pictures. any help and suggestions would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
That recovers deleted files. His files weren't deleted, he just has a busted hard drive. acurist82, you're kinda screwed unless you wanna fork out some cash to get some professionals to recover your files, which I think is a waste of money just for MP3s. If the hard drive is indeed completely broken, then only someone with a clean room can open it up and recover the disks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That recovers deleted files. His files weren't deleted, he just has a busted hard drive. acurist82, you're kinda screwed unless you wanna fork out some cash to get some professionals to recover your files, which I think is a waste of money just for MP3s. If the hard drive is indeed completely broken, then only someone with a clean room can open it up and recover the disks.
thanks. not forking any money to anyone at this moment.

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
the only thing that won't be replaceable, should you not be able to figure it out, are your pictures. mp3s are easy to replace. PM me if you don't what i mean.

could you figure out a way to format the MBR and see if thats the part that's screwed up? i've had to resort to the slave-on-another-machine before, but this has worked EVERY time. (after the first time, i keep my library on a non-booting drive). i'll do a little more research on it come monday... keep us posted should you figure it out in the mean time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the only thing that won't be replaceable, should you not be able to figure it out, are your pictures. mp3s are easy to replace. PM me if you don't what i mean.

could you figure out a way to format the MBR and see if thats the part that's screwed up? i've had to resort to the slave-on-another-machine before, but this has worked EVERY time. (after the first time, i keep my library on a non-booting drive). i'll do a little more research on it come monday... keep us posted should you figure it out in the mean time.
i've already done the slave/master drive situation. Could not get the drive to read at all. It's really screwed up. Stupid alienware crap. Thanks for all of your help though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am sitting here at computer shop and do that stuff all day long :)

Stellar Phoenix has NTFS recovery software if can boot into windows with it as slave drive or another program called GetDataBack.

if BIOS does not detect it you are screwed. Also some alienware computers use RAID setup with the hard drives that could also cause problems or help depending on type of RAID when trying to recover data

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am sitting here at computer shop and do that stuff all day long :)

Stellar Phoenix has NTFS recovery software if can boot into windows with it as slave drive or another program called GetDataBack.

if BIOS does not detect it you are screwed. Also some alienware computers use RAID setup with the hard drives that could also cause problems or help depending on type of RAID when trying to recover data
Yeah, it is RAID. I know i can't get anything back anymore because Bios is not even reading it. I wiped it out and trying to do a clean install. now it won't turn on and my graphics card got really hot to the point that it was untouchable. could you shed any light on that issue? my motherboard is either toast or my graphics card is toast. give me some pointers if you don't mind.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i've already done the slave/master drive situation. Could not get the drive to read at all. It's really screwed up. Stupid alienware crap. Thanks for all of your help though.
Is this a sata drive your talking about?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts