Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
d^.^b
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Yes, I've read all the testing from links given and had an idea what to do. But I'm not good at electrical stuffs and I work most of the time so I really couldn't fix it myself. =(

Anyhow, I'm looking for a credible motorcycle repair in the local area and would like to know if anyone got a reference.
I'm next to University of Houston Clear Lake.

Thanks in Advance!

Happy July 4th btw

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,234 Posts
You are looking for a reference to a local shop, but didn't mention what "local" is, for you.

·
d^.^b
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ you should see the bottom line I wrote "I'm next to University of Houston Clear Lake". My info on the left also indicated that I'm in Houston, Texas. With those 2 information, local people here would know my relative location.

I'm in a position that my bike can't move so it's not my options to say what local is, but to find out the mobile repair service that would be willing to drive out to me.

I found one just now and made a call. I just needed the reference to know the credibility of the service.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Hi,

Yes, I've read all the testing from links given and had an idea what to do. But I'm not good at electrical stuffs and I work most of the time so I really couldn't fix it myself. =(

Anyhow, I'm looking for a credible motorcycle repair in the local area and would like to know if anyone got a reference.
I'm next to University of Houston Clear Lake.

Thanks in Advance!

Happy July 4th btw
If its burned, you need the recitifer and a plug end. Shouldnt cost much and can be swapped in what, an hour? Not all that difficult at all.

·
d^.^b
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks,
I bought a plug end and tried to put it on the wire, didn't go well as the wire wouldn't stay in the female connector even after I clamped it so I'd rather have someone with more experience do it before I mess things up even more.
It's easy in theory and for people with some electrical skill.
I have no tool to test the voltage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts