Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Yamaha R6
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, So I bought an 04 R6 for a first bike and it needs some work for sure. I have a dead stator and have tested that multiple ways. The rectifier that is in it has two ports. One going to the battery and the other going to the stator which someone crimp connected. (dont ask my why I have no clue lmao). The issue is that the new stator has one end and the rectifier it comes with only has one port. Where does it connect to the battery if the stator is supposed plug into it? if anyone can attach a video or pics of what it should look like thatd be amazing!!

·
Registered
2004 Yamaha R6
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stator should have three cables that feed to the regulator. (Neutral, Hot, Ground I assume) It's the regulator that has a fused connection with the battery.

View attachment 378230

View attachment 378231
Thanks! I took a look at the harness and the guy added a rectifier from another bike and spliced it directly to the stator. I need to figure out where the original stator that’s connected to the harness is as he molested tf out of this bike

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Those are the worst to try and figure out. The rectifier/regulator are one small piece for this bike.
I wouldn't order from there as they can be incredibly slow, but the diagrams are quite handy.

·
Registered
2004 Yamaha R6
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
perfect! Yeah I’ll take a look at those. I’m hoping he didn’t mess with the harness and just cut the stator wires and spliced them into his aftermarket rectifier

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
This will come in handy.

Prior owner hackneyed the rear wiring for lighting in the rear on mind. I just concatenated three or so harnesses into one, soldering in some extension wire, wrapping in electrical tape, zip-tying it and the harnesses from the kit.

·
Registered
2004 Yamaha R6
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This will come in handy.

Prior owner hackneyed the rear wiring for lighting in the rear on mind. I just concatenated three or so harnesses into one, soldering in some extension wire, wrapping in electrical tape, zip-tying it and the harnesses from the kit.
Lmaoo that’s great!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
That kit matches many of the OEM connectors however it is not water resistant and aren't sure that it would hold up, if it got too close to the engine. Though my connector was used in the rear where it wouldn't likely see water, I used dielectric grease to somewhat seal up the connector anyway. There are OEM grade connectors that are water resistant and will stand up to engine heat.

Google Images Search...
Adapter Automotive lighting Ac adapter Circuit component Cable

FIrst-Gen plug not Second-Gen...

Whether there's any difference or not, dunno. But the 2nd-Gen diagram shows three wires, not four.
If you don't use an actual automotive grade (water and heat resistant) connector, automotive grade butt connectors would work better for that. (just make sure they don't pull apart over time)

Make sure that the connector kit supports your wire gauge. The kit's connectors will burn up if too much power is put through them. (or if a poor connection develops) Engineers typically either use a larger connector or double-up on them. (running the wire over two connectors instead of one)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts