1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2 > 4
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Do Work!
999 Posts
thats pretty cool but I don't think I would stop checking my blind spots bc of the mirror. so therefore i don't know if its worth it...

·
2 > 4
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I definitely wouldn't stop checking my blindspots. But this way you don't have to turn your head as much and can keep more attention on the road in front of you as well.

Did some research and turns out they don't offer it in the USA yet and are trying to get it certified. I hope they do it soon so I can read some reviews and try it out.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Now we just need one that plays satellite tv with a little mini dish sticking out of the top. Watch some football on a nice sunday ride, :p

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
i prefer teh sholder check, bu cool idea

·
12,482 Posts

·
I got an R6000
114 Posts
you would think the image would be so shaky that you couldn't see a damn thing. I would have to try it out before I bought it BUT if it worked I would get one. But right on to the other guys about checking blind spots.

I am waiting for a helmet that has a heads up display that eliminates the need to look down at the instrument panel to check rpm's and speed. That would be money!!

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
sweet idea. pretty cool

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
Cool. So what does he think of it? Fit, Finish, Noise, the rear view system?
He says it's okay with some room for improvement. Fit and finish are okay, but definitely below Arai/Shoei/Suomy standards. There's a little noise, but he always wears ear plugs anyways. The rear view system works well, but does take a little getting used to. Overall, he likes it, but prefers his Roof.

you would think the image would be so shaky that you couldn't see a damn thing. I would have to try it out before I bought it BUT if it worked I would get one. But right on to the other guys about checking blind spots.

I am waiting for a helmet that has a heads up display that eliminates the need to look down at the instrument panel to check rpm's and speed. That would be money!!
If the image is shaky, your head/helmet is shaky. Think about it...

Motorcycle helmet HUD's are already available:

http://www.sportvue.com/motorcycles.php

·
I got an R6000
114 Posts
thanks for the link maxx...guess I need to step out of the cave every once and awhile.

As far as the shaky image in the mirror and your head shaking...no duh. What are you trying to suggest? That your head doesnt shake? Or that the helmet shakes to much for the mirror to be functional? Everybody's head shakes on a bike from the wind or the bumps. What I was wondering is if the image is even able to be comprehended due to the shaking. If they did some scaling down of the image with the mirrors to make it easier to see the image due to the shaking.

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
Sounds like you are trying to compare it to the shaky image that you see in your rearview mirror. Assuming you aren't going over a bumpy section of pavement, your head doesn't shake in the same way a mirror attached to your bike will. The helmet mirror stays fixed relative to your head; if your head is shaking to the point where your view is distorted (regardless of the reason), it's going to be the same whether you are looking through a mirror or not.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts