Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
candy red
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after being on hold for more than a hour with the dmv than giving up, ima ask you guys. my bike is reg expired in august of this year. I put it in non op because i didnt have the funds at the moment to pay reg and insurance for another year (cheaper that way) I now am good to go but am wondering. will i get 2011 tags and have to pay again in august or will they give me 2012 if i wait till january of 2011? thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
In NY at least it will be registered for one year regardless of what the sticker says.

Not sure if I register now what sticker I would get but it WILL be registered until 11/29 2011.

Someone who lives in Cali might be better help

·
Psalm 23:4
340 Posts
I'm in Cali and my tags expired a months ago but didnt have the time to go to DMV since those morons didnt mail me the renewal. Finally went last week paid for it and got 2011 tags.

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
In Missouri it depends on the year of said vehicel...If the car/truck/motorcycle is an Odd number year and you go to reg. it on an even year you can only do 1 year tags...but and Vise versa

·
Registered
673 Posts
florida your registration sticker expires on your birthday. so if your bday was in august you would pay a pro-rated amount. they also give you the option to get a 2012 sticker now too. also insurance isnt required here...

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Actually, just thinking about it. I got my 11 sticker in the mail a couple of weeks ago. But I'll only be registered through mid 2011.. Then I'll have to renew.

·
R6'ers B4 Gixxers
367 Posts
Where I am at (Southern IL, The Metro East...30 mins from STL) your registration expires at the end of the month/year that your tag states. So depending on when you "re-register" you'll have a year from that month.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
Get AAA....I get my registration through them, also free maps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts