1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
off roadin' GARDEN SLAYA!
904 Posts
Good for him, those were bullshit charges from the get go. Traffic citations for his little outburst, whatever, shit happens, but ****ing wiretapping for having a helmet cam and catching a cop on a power trip? Please...

·
442 whp
547 Posts
They just wanted to scare/intimidate him and the public into not doing it....when it's totally legal.

·
Sex and Bikes Go Together
1,222 Posts
Good for him, that cop was a straight dick and expected him to KNOW he was a cop

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
got pulled over recently in fort bend county, texas. I had my cam mounted to my triple tree, i was pulled over for "not putting both feet down at the stop sign".
as hes walking up to me im unwrapping the tape holding my cam to the triple so i can get a shot of the cop and everything said to me, he asked what it was, i said a camera , he asked why, i said to help diagnose a problem with my bike, he asks me to turn if off i point the lens at his face, and answer politely 'no'. he didnt question it or anything, just procedded to check everything on my bike so he could giv me a ticket.
I kinda argued with him about not stopping, becasue i know i stopped and put one foot down, then was on my way (you can clearly see i definately stopped in my cam footage), anyways.. got away with another warning haha.

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
got pulled over recently in fort bend county, texas. I had my cam mounted to my triple tree, i was pulled over for "not putting both feet down at the stop sign".
as hes walking up to me im unwrapping the tape holding my cam to the triple so i can get a shot of the cop and everything said to me, he asked what it was, i said a camera , he asked why, i said to help diagnose a problem with my bike, he asks me to turn if off i point the lens at his face, and answer politely 'no'. he didnt question it or anything, just procedded to check everything on my bike so he could giv me a ticket.
I kinda argued with him about not stopping, becasue i know i stopped and put one foot down, then was on my way (you can clearly see i definately stopped in my cam footage), anyways.. got away with another warning haha.
You have to put BOTH feet down when stopped?! Damn, I'm screwed. I can only put one down... :thumbdown

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
yea, that officer had no reason to pull his gun especially before he identified himself. Really surprised that the guy on the bike didnt run, i mean, if you saw a guy get out of a car with a gun wouldnt you haul ass out of there?

Its bogus charges anyways, glad to see he got off

·
zomething different
8,430 Posts
good news. what's crazy to me is the amount of possible time that guy could have spent for such a minor issue. would've been a complete waste of a life and taxpayers money. :thumbdown

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
Good for him, those were bullshit charges from the get go. Traffic citations for his little outburst, whatever, shit happens, but ****ing wiretapping for having a helmet cam and catching a cop on a power trip? Please...
:werd

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
You have to put BOTH feet down when stopped?! Damn, I'm screwed. I can only put one down... :thumbdown
i believe that he pulled me over on a bogus charge, just because i was on a sportbike. when he realized i was videotaping myself he looked for something else on my bike to charge me with, upon not finding shit... he gave me a warning. it was very weird, he walked up from behind, tapped my shoulder and handed me the warning without saying a word.
ive been able to find laws stating you must put a foot down +2 sec to be considered a legal STOP. no such thing as both feet have to be down, because exacly like in your case, not everyone can do this safely.

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
i believe that he pulled me over on a bogus charge, just because i was on a sportbike. when he realized i was videotaping myself he looked for something else on my bike to charge me with, upon not finding shit... he gave me a warning. it was very weird, he walked up from behind, tapped my shoulder and handed me the warning without saying a word.
ive been able to find laws stating you must put a foot down +2 sec to be considered a legal STOP. no such thing as both feet have to be down, because exacly like in your case, not everyone can do this safely.
Good to know. I'm always extra careful when I see cops around anyways.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
got pulled over recently in fort bend county, texas. I had my cam mounted to my triple tree, i was pulled over for "not putting both feet down at the stop sign".as hes walking up to me im unwrapping the tape holding my cam to the triple so i can get a shot of the cop and everything said to me, he asked what it was, i said a camera , he asked why, i said to help diagnose a problem with my bike, he asks me to turn if off i point the lens at his face, and answer politely 'no'. he didnt question it or anything, just procedded to check everything on my bike so he could giv me a ticket.
Here in NY thats illegal. Only allowed to put 1 down... am i missing something here :dunce:

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
LOL! :secret I'm guessing she's short? :toocool:
Yep. I'm a midget. :bowroll

OK, not really, but short. (5'2'').

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Riddle me this! If your speedo indicates 0 mph, isn't that technically "stopped" I mean, can you get slower than 0? Just sayin :sing

1 - 17 of 17 Posts