Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend, 2 riders (saw in the news) lost their lives riding @ SKYLINE (35) and one of them was the husband of my friend's co-worker.
Apparantly from a cager who crossed to the other lane going the opposite direction where the Dukey rider was on....
http://www.sanmateocountytimes.com/Stories/0,1413,87~11268~2063887,00.html

Just a quick reality check that summer is near and alot of cagers & riders alike are on the roads so might be wise to ride double defensively.

I also check some forums and there are more have passed away over the weekend.....

REALITY CHECK

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
You can't say that enough to those on the bikes. And while we usually say that we can't control the others out there....PLEASE be able to control yourself. I watched a guy take off out of a parking lot last weekend, with his girfriend on the back, and he lifted for a wheelie. She went off the back, he went down, and the bike was thrashed. Both walked away, but she was tore up on the knees.

There is a time and a place for everything, and 10:30 friday night down a packed hiway in Dallas is not when to test your stunt abilities. I heard one veteran stuntrider say it best:

"In my eyes, it is just as cool going the speed limit and obeying the traffic laws as it is to be stunting"

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
yoda said:
I heard one veteran stuntrider say it best:

"In my eyes, it is just as cool going the speed limit and obeying the traffic laws as it is to be stunting"
I agree. Besides, there's no reset button in this game if you **** up. be safe and be smart. The last thing we need on here is something about one of the members going down for good. if anyone of you does that, I'ma campaign to have you banned!

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
penfold said:
yoda said:

I agree. Besides, there's no reset button in this game if you **** up. be safe and be smart. The last thing we need on here is something about one of the members going down for good. if anyone of you does that, I'ma campaign to have you banned!
well im goin to say it now then. if i die this summer from ridin you can ban me cause i wont care. but i still hope tp be here givin yall crap about everything and enjoyin yalls help and R6 freindship. SO BE SAFE DAMMIT :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
penfold said:
yoda said:

Penfold, that's the best darn quote i've ever heard since i started riding. there is no reset and while being able to stunt maybe cool there is a flipside to that coin. there are times when i wish i could pull a fat wheelie but i know that i don't have the skill and if i did i would probably still drop the bike. i know that i want to enjoy a summer of unlimited asphalt and good stories about the rides. and that's enough for me..........
:cheers

·
Registered
270 Posts
That's tragic. I read about that also. Apparently, 35 has been getting a lot of bad press lately. Another rider just wiped out there this Sunday, thankfully he wasn't killed.

The best thing to do is be aware of your surroundings. i remember during the MSF course the acronym SIPDE was a great tool to use.

You can never be too safe, and it really doesn't matter if you've been riding for a while or are a newbie. Just be safe everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.