Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install a remote start alarm onto my r6 and am having some trouble. Does anyone have a good write-up on it, the manual that came with the alarm is crap. It is a kings gun alarm. The alarm seems to work fine but I come into troubles with the remote start. I think the main issue is trying to find the ignition wire that powers all auxillary points such as the lights and ignition coils. The remote start works as far as cranking the engine but its as if there is no spark because the bike wont fire up. My bike is an 01. I have looked at the shop manual wiring diagram and it doesn't say which wire does what besides where it ends up which is only part of the info I need. Any thoughts?: :?:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Whoa, cool! You can do that?!

I always thought you needed an auto-choke or F.I. to do something like that. Sorry, I can't help with the problem, but it sounds like a cool project.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just won't be able to warm up the bike. The alarm is what I got it for but the remote start is cool to have working.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I am not sure about motorcycle but I worked in a car stereo shop and when we install remote start, we have to connect the Tach wire. This tells the alarm that the engine already started and not to keep cranking the engine.

I have an 03 R6 and could do remote start as long as the bike is in neutral. I haven't tried it though. I have been too busy to install the alarm and remote start on the bike.

Maybe one day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I didnt think it work on an 01 cause it isnt fuel injected. I also have an 01 and was thinking about getting one, but i thought it was the same as car because cars need F.I. Anyways, let me know if u get that working. i was seriously thinking about getting one but have not for the above reason.
:drink

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it will work, its like starting the bike without giving any extra gas, when the engine is cranking it still is letting gas in. I have made headway, I found the coorect ignition wire that powers everthing... now I can't get the starter to crank now. This is very frustrating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts