Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
i wanna go fast!
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
helping out a bud putting a alarm with remote start on his 07 r6 i got everything else working except the remote start. i cant seem to find the starter cable. i found the one that goes down from the start button but when i tap into it it still wont start. i herd from someone that i need to find it before it gets to the start relay. has anyone set it up before?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I assume that you've already bypassed the clutch, sidestand and neutral switches? Otherwise it won't let it turn over. Also, remote start on a bike isn't a good idea in general because you have to bypass all your safety switches, you run the chance of leaving it in gear one time, hitting the remote start, and watching you bike jump forward and fall over.

·
Registered
3 Posts
you Don't need to by pass your safety switches, just tap it to your start up button on your bike so if your bike is in gear it won't kick over unlike a stick car. The reason you can't tap into the start is because the wire from the alarm is generally always +ve 12v Pulse. and for R6's the button that starts up the bike is -ve contact so what you need to do is use a relay to reverse the +ve pulse to a -ve pulse. I've sucessfully installed remote starts on all my cars and gf's car and bikes at home.

·
Registered
3 Posts
who really needs a remote start on a motorcycle? what's the point?
i certainly don't use it for show i use it so i can warm up my bike when i get changed, so when its all heated and warmed up i can sit on it and strap it but not too hard coz the tyres would still be cold

1 - 5 of 5 Posts