Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2nd = First loser
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo, I want to get my rearsets , and passenger pegs powder coated. I've got everything off except the left rearset.

What's the best way to remove the shift rod from the rearset?
Sorry if this is noobish.

Thanks

PS I always wanted to powder coat the rearsets, and I ordered that GYTR Carbon Fiber muffler mount from yamaha but it doesn't fit any pipe other than a GYTR I guess.... :fact So I just have to settle with powder coating everything.
:cool:

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Be sure to mark where the nuts were on the rod. It will affect the position of the shifter if they get moved.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I had to put mine back on yesturday. I found it was easiest to screw the shift lever side in first, all the way in (on the rearset). Then as you turn that side out, the top piece should screw in. Seems to feel normal when shifting.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
have fun taking the passenger pegs apart for coating :) putting them back together is annoying. The front brake lever was a little tricky too. It is all able to come apart though for coating. Stare at it all long enough and you'll see how it goes.

You'll love the coating!! I did almost all of my raw aluminum to black coating and it looks MUCH MUCH better.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Oh yeah, and I found that flat black powder from Pendry Powdercoatings matched the yamaha black the best........if that's the color you're getting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Be sure to mark where the nuts were on the rod. It will affect the position of the shifter if they get moved.
Can this affect your bike being able to shift into gear? Because I was messing with my shifter rod trying to get it off but couldn’t. I think I put everything back right but now I can’t shift into any gear

·
Registered
2011 R6 Race Bike
96 Posts
Make sure you have a 90 degree angle at each side of shift rod linkage. You need to adjust length of shift rod, so that at each elbow, you have an equal 90 angle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts